XM and Sirius via Orb Update

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I went to orb tonight on my iPhone to listen to some XM and they have a brand new iPhone interface. It flows a lot a smoother and it is a lot easier to find you favorites.

Check it out.

Its very nice.

May 12, 2007
Nevermind.
WOW, why did I not know about this website?
This is amazing! Now I can free up space on my iPhone and still carry my entire music collection at the same time.
Still not sure how to get Sirius working on here.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
What is orb?
Is it orb.com?
Yes orb.com. You can store internet favorites on your mycast.orb.com page and access them from your iPhone. Even if the original stream is windows media, orb.com can tell you are on an iPhone and converts the stream to mp3 which is then played in quicktime on the iPhone.

You can also listen to all the media on your pc from your iPhone.
Bookmark most internet streams (except clear channel streams)
And also browse files on the PC running the orb client.

It is pretty versatile.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I went to orb tonight on my iPhone to listen to some XM and they have a brand new iPhone interface. It flows a lot a smoother and it is a lot easier to find you favorites.

Check it out.

Its very nice.
Awesome thanks for the heads up. I was a little disappointed in Orb's previous inability to make sense of mobile Safari. I expected it to at least show the PC interface, but alls I'd get was that whack mobile phone interface... bleh.

I tried Soonr and all the like to see if it got any better, but their service just doesn't compare to Orb. Glad I can finally come back home.

Sep 1, 2007
WOW... no joke the coolest thing about the iPhone. This is amazing... I'm going to be playing all nite. Thanks for the sleepless nite guys... much appreciated, lol.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC

Check it out.

Its very nice.
I haven't tried the xm site but the Sirius one is much nicer now. One problem I noticed was that it mixed up my icons for Howard 100 and Howard 101. Overall a nice improvent but it could still use a lot of refining.

Daywalker7

May 12, 2007
As far as the stuff already on my pc, orb is great, but not user friendly at all.
I have no clue how to put uSirius on the orb page.
I guess I'll keep researching.

Daywalker7

May 12, 2007
I figured out how to add the Sirius urls to the my orb favorites, but still no streaming on my iPhone.
Am I doing something wrong?

plasmo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I am SOOO glad that Orb works with the iPhone!
I used to use it all the time with my Treo, and now that I'm switching over to ATT, it will be nice to continue using Orb --- which is a great program (and free!)

Question - has anyone tested the streaming of Live TV (those with TV tuner) with your iPhone?

THANKS

jbrannam

Sep 6, 2007
hey new to the site. not the most tech savvy guy. trying to get xm on my iPhone. downloaded orb to my pc. went to the add custom audio. put in what i thought was the url for xm. said it couldn't find it. if some one could take the time and tell me what i'm doing wrong, and send me the url it would be greatly appreciated. it was the main reason i bought the phone. guy in store told me it would stream xm. he was wrong. any help would be great.
thanks

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
hey new to the site. not the most tech savvy guy. trying to get xm on my iPhone. downloaded orb to my pc. went to the add custom audio. put in what i thought was the url for xm. said it couldn't find it. if some one could take the time and tell me what i'm doing wrong, and send me the url it would be greatly appreciated. it was the main reason i bought the phone. guy in store told me it would stream xm. he was wrong. any help would be great.
thanks
Are you using the url provided to your by uXM? is uXM running on your PC?

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Has anybody gotten Sirius to stream over edge? Every time I try to stream even with a perfect signal it never works. Anyone successful with this?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Has anybody gotten Sirius to stream over edge? Every time I try to stream even with a perfect signal it never works. Anyone successful with this?
Works for me. I listen to Howard every morning over edge on my way to work. It seems to stop a lot at first and you have to hit the play button to get it going again. But the longer I listen this occurs less and less.

Does it work over wi-fi? Have you tested it on wi-fi away from home?

When at home on the same wi-fi that the orb host machine is on is not a good test if it really works or not.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Works for me. I listen to Howard every morning over edge on my way to work. It seems to stop a lot at first and you have to hit the play button to get it going again. But the longer I listen this occurs less and less.

Does it work over wi-fi? Have you tested it on wi-fi away from home?

When at home on the same wi-fi that the orb host machine is on is not a good test if it really works or not.
yes it works fine over wifi.....I don't see any validity in that statement you make about testing over home wifi....what do you expect people to run orb on?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
yes it works fine over wifi.....I don't see any validity in that statement you make about testing over home wifi....what do you expect people to run orb on?
When you are on your home network, the audio is passing from your orb host PC say (192.168.1.1), to your iPhone (192.168.1.3) or whatever.

When you are at starbucks or some other wi-fi hotspot your iPhone has to find you orb host PC over the internet.

I am just saying if you iPhone communicates with orb over your home network does not mean it will work over wi-fi from a public hot spot.