Xp service pack 1 with iTunes ?

Mar 12, 2008
Please help... :confused:

I have service pack 1 installed ( XP professional )
Is there any version of iTunes I can download / use with my iPhone without having to upgrade to service pack 2 on my pc?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
why don't you want to go service pack 2?

Seems to me that's your best bet. I don't see why you can't do this unless you are on dial-up or something...

Mar 12, 2008
why don't you want to go service pack 2?

Seems to me that's your best bet. I don't see why you can't do this unless you are on dial-up or something...

I have XP service pack 1 running on a laptop - used for work purposes and I have been using iTunes until now without any issue. The issue I have is that service pack 2 is not necessarily supported by all current applications on my laptop (or at least would have to be tested by my company before I can upgrade safely to sp2) so I just want to know is there any way of running an iTunes release without having to go to SP2

scholls22

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
I have XP service pack 1 running on a laptop - used for work purposes and I have been using iTunes until now without any issue. The issue I have is that service pack 2 is not necessarily supported by all current applications on my laptop (or at least would have to be tested by my company before I can upgrade safely to sp2) so I just want to know is there any way of running an iTunes release without having to go to SP2

did you ever find a way to use SP1 with iTunes? im having the same problem as you....

Mar 12, 2008
did you ever find a way to use SP1 with iTunes? im having the same problem as you....

Afraid not - I had to bite the bullet and upgrade to SP2
Worth it though and my laptop is fine post upgrade to.