XP, Time Capsule & 3G

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
i'm trying to set up my old laptop (Sony Vaio w/ XP) so that my GF can sync her iPhone on it. problem is that our shared Music Library is on an Apple Time Capsule, which i use to sync my iPhone to my macbook. thats a separate issue. my first question is:

what program do you use for Email, Calendar, and Contacts when you don't use Outlook? she's got only gmail and yahoo addresses, with no real need to import info through Outlook. Any suggestions?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
well, the only way to sync email and calendars to an iPhone is with outlook.

if you're not worried about that stuff, Mozilla Thunderbird is pretty good (and free). But having said that, if you aren't worried about syncing, then i wouldn't mess with an email client at all. no reason, really.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
The only program I use is windows address book for my contacts, I don't have a need to sync calendars, or email because I use yahoo.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I have a questions about where iTunes throws "My Music". This might be hijacking, but I hope not, still relevant. I am asking this because I am thinking of putting my music on an EHD through my AEBS. Which cosmo helped me with!

When I look at my remainging memory on my computer is a lot less than what I think it would be. I have 10gb of music which is in my "my Music" folder, but my question is that does my computer double up the music by putting the music in username>My Music? I have run a program called What Size. Very nice program to see how much space everything is taking up. I just don't see how I have used 80gb of memory. It all adds up (obviously) but is it right?
I will post screen shots later, I am on campus right now and use my PC cause I would rather just leave my MBP at home for fear of damaging it.

TIA