y are...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
There are far more AT&T stores than Apple stores, some of which are in more rural locations. The hope is that the line won't be as long. Besides if there's phone contract stuff involved, the Apple folk are not going to have the infrastructure in place to do anything about it, other than referring you to AT&T.

Jun 19, 2007
because i am currently giving my razor, and phone line to my brother, and opening a new one with AT&T and Apple. So i figured going to an AT&T store would be easiest.

RHJS

Jun 18, 2007
SoCal
because i am currently giving my razor, and phone line to my brother, and opening a new one with AT&T and Apple. So i figured going to an AT&T store would be easiest.
same here. im giving my razr and phone line to aunt :cool:

ill be going to AT&T to purchase just because the nearest Apple is in a mall and i don't think you can camp in mall.

May 25, 2007
Knoxville, TN
There are far more AT&T stores than Apple stores, some of which are in more rural locations. The hope is that the line won't be as long. Besides if there's phone contract stuff involved, the Apple folk are not going to have the infrastructure in place to do anything about it, other than referring you to AT&T.
Couldnt have said it better myself.

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
Because it will be SO MUCH EASIER. I say this because instead of standing in-line at an Apple Store, buying it, and then having to reach AT&T when they will be crazy busy isn't as convenient as waiting in line at an AT&T store, buying the iPhone, and getting it activated. Also, I don't have an Apple Store near me.

radbrent

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
yeah, that's simple... there are way more At&t stores. Like 20 where I live, but on ly one Apple store

Jun 19, 2007
Because it will be SO MUCH EASIER. I say this because instead of standing in-line at an Apple Store, buying it, and then having to reach AT&T when they will be crazy busy isn't as convenient as waiting in line at an AT&T store, buying the iPhone, and getting it activated. Also, I don't have an Apple Store near me.
one would have to assume that Apple would not merely sell the device and then send us off to activate elsewhere / remotely / etc. i thought the plan was to train the geniuses and/or send AT&T employees to the Apple stores to handle activation in-store...

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
one would have to assume that Apple would not merely sell the device and then send us off to activate elsewhere / remotely / etc. i thought the plan was to train the geniuses and/or send AT&T employees to the Apple stores to handle activation in-store...
I thought I remembered reading that we will do the activation over the phone? Maybe from one of the alleged AT&T or Apple employees?

Jun 19, 2007
I thought I remembered reading that we will do the activation over the phone? Maybe from one of the alleged AT&T or Apple employees?
hmmm perhaps, i wouldn't necessarily rule it out. either way, i would imagine the AT&T stores may be more efficient when it comes to activation, so that could be a deciding factor on where to go.