Yahoo Calendar iPhone 3.0

ponyboy

Jun 17, 2009
Does anyone know how to sync with Yahoo calendar in 3.0? Where is this configured?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Where have you heard of the option to do that? I only know of google calendar sync.

guest03

Bronze
Mar 30, 2009
Sorry this is better for yahoo calendars..

If you are running iPhone 3.0 software (released Summer of 2009) or newer, syncing calendar to your iPhone can be done without plugging into your computer.

1. Make sure you are using the Calendar Beta. If you go to calendar.yahoo.com do you see the words “Yahoo! Calendar Beta” in the top left corner? If you are not using the beta you can switch to it by visiting switch.calendar.yahoo.com
  2. Go to your iPhone settings application.
  3. Tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendars".
  4. Tap "Add Account".
  5. Tap "Other" and then tap "Add CalDAV Account".
  6. For the "Server" you can simply type "yahoo"
  7. Now type in the Yahoo! username and password you use to signin to your calendar
  8. Once you click save, the iPhone will verify your username and password.
  9. Next time you open up your iPhone Calendar you will see a page allowing you to select with Yahoo! Calendar layer you want to view/edit.

ponyboy

Jun 17, 2009
bwise05,

THANK YOU! I'm sync'd with my Yahoo calendar now.

Thanks,
Ponyboy

clarkd7

Jun 17, 2009
Every time I try to switch to the beta version, it says that it's not available in my langauge (English, US). Did anyone else see this and how did you get it to work?

bspence11

Jun 18, 2009
Cannot Connect to SSL

I keep getting an error saying 'cannot connect to ssl', then it tries to connect by not using ssl, which also fails. Anyone else having this problem? It's pretty cool that Yahoo has a new calendar that matches their latest mail service. I just hope I can get it to sync with my iPhone

guest03

Bronze
Mar 30, 2009
Make sure you are using the Calendar Beta. If you go to calendar.yahoo.com do you see the words “Yahoo! Calendar Beta” in the top left corner? If you are not using the beta you can switch to it by visiting switch.calendar.yahoo.com

when i was using the reg. calendar i would get that SSL error

bspence11

Jun 18, 2009
That's a possibility, I only switched it to the Beta calendar this morning. However, that was a few hours ago and it still isn't working.

Jun 18, 2009
THANK YOU bwise05!

Not all of the events that are on my Yahoo Calendar are appearing in my iPhone Calendar. Any idea why?

Jun 18, 2009
I think I figured out the answer to my own question.

After adding the Yahoo CalDAV info like bwise05 said... you need to go to settings and go to mail,contacts,calendar... scroll down to the calendar options and choose to sync all events.

Spoke to soon... more events are now showing up, but not all.

bspence11

Jun 18, 2009
It's been nearly 24 hours, I switched to the beta calendar in Yahoo, but I still get the SSL error. Anyone else have this problem?

rsierra54

Jun 23, 2009
It worked for me. I had to go back in and set it to SSL and then it updated. Does anyone know if this is suppose to work bidirectional. Seems if I add it on the phone it is not getting on my calendar.

Thanks Ralph

dlschoen

Jun 23, 2009
I too keep getting Not Available in my langauge yet... I'm located in NY... any idea why?

naibin

Aug 20, 2009
Thanks. This was really useful. I have a question, though... Is it also possible to get one's Yahoo! Calendar in sync with the iPhone. In other words, I'd like to see in my Yahoo! Calendar what I write in my iPhone. If the sync only works one way, it's not that useful. Thanks again.

marnif

Jul 10, 2009
I add items to my Yahoo calendar from my iPhone regularly.... when you create the event, be sure to select which calendar it is for before finally selecting "done"

angelo921

Aug 21, 2009
Where have you heard of the option to do that? I only know of google calendar sync.

Is there anyway to have dividend dates of stocks put automatically on your google calendar?

drerikfox

Nov 11, 2009
Yahoo Calendar from the iPhone

So glad to have a sync to the yahoo calendar now on the iPhone but I do have one problem that I am looking for help with. When I make an entry in my calendar on the web I also have it do an e-mail alert so I can't forget what I put in there. I don't see an option for that on the iPhone. I see I can set an alert but it only sends a reminder to the phone rather than e-mail. Is it possible to do?

Thanks,

Erik