Yahoo email not pushing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
Ever since ios 6 my yahoo email hasn't been pushing in the background when my iPod touch is in sleep mode. I have it set to push but when I go to my email it downloads email instead of dinging to alert me of new email.

Sent using iCafe app

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Yahoo has this issue for last year. It's yahoo servers. It works sometimes, even for months sometimes, then it will stop. I stick with fetch now for emails from yahoo

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
Okay we'll it's just odd that my problems started with iOS 6. But how do I set up fetch? Will that give me an alert when emails come in, at least reasonably soon after they hit my inbox.

Edit: I think it has more to do with iOS 6 because on my iPad running iOS 5, I still get emails pushed in the background no problem. So how could yahoo have it working on one of my devices and not the other.

Sent using iCafe app

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Okay we'll it's just odd that my problems started with iOS 6. But how do I set up fetch? Will that give me an alert when emails come in, at least reasonably soon after they hit my inbox.

Edit: I think it has more to do with iOS 6 because on my iPad running iOS 5, I still get emails pushed in the background no problem. So how could yahoo have it working on one of my devices and not the other.

Sent using iCafe app
Idk
Mine comes and goes. Some days it works. Others it doesn't. Everything I've read and heard was something with yahoos servers sending to mobile devices. After that I don't know.