Yahoo email?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Eliza

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
OK, I don't know anything about email. That said, this may be a very stupid question. I have a Yahoo email address, the free kind, not Yahoo Mail Plus. The free kind doesn't work in Mail (I'm talking about the Apple app) because it doesn't work with a POP3 email client.

1. In the activation video on Apple.com, the email addresses were accounts in Mail, but since I can't have my account on Mail, can I use it on the iPhone?

2. Also, I know that there will be free Yahoo Push email on the iPhone, so is that for people like me? I don't know what free Push email means.

I have no idea, I need help! :confused: Thanks! :):):)

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
OK, I don't know anything about email. That said, this may be a very stupid question. I have a Yahoo email address, the free kind, not Yahoo Mail Plus. The free kind doesn't work in Mail (I'm talking about the Apple app) because it doesn't work with a POP3 email client.

1. In the activation video on Apple.com, the email addresses were accounts in Mail, but since I can't have my account on Mail, can I use it on the iPhone?

2. Also, I know that there will be free Yahoo Push email on the iPhone, so is that for people like me? I don't know what free Push email means.

I have no idea, I need help! :confused: Thanks! :):):)
All good questions...

1. to my understanding you will be able to any POP email account along with the Apple Mail. But I'm sure Yahoo has a plan after all, free is free.
2. Push Email: Normally when you check your email, you tell your program to go hit your email server and it responds back. With push email as soon as an email hits the email server, the email server turns around and sends you the email right away. This is why Blackberries are so popular.

I hope that helps a little.