Yahoo emails dissappering?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Frosty

Jun 6, 2007
Hi Guys

I have a problem which I don't understand with Yahoo emails on my iPhone.

The pushing of the emails works fine (well most of the time) but I cant work out why some emails (from friends) go into the "Bulk Mail" folder - how does this folder work?

Also there was an email from a friend in there this morning but now (8 hrs latter) I went to read the same email again and it was there but then disappeared as I was just about to read it? Now I cant find it anywhere in any folder?

I haven't been on-line via any web browser to my Yahoo account today..

I just now logged into my account on my pc and the email isn't in any folder there either?

Am I going something wrong - this has happeneded with a few emails now.

Tks

Frosty :eek:

electoman

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Hi Guys

I have a problem which I don't understand with Yahoo emails on my iPhone.

The pushing of the emails works fine (well most of the time) but I cant work out why some emails (from friends) go into the "Bulk Mail" folder - how does this folder work?

Also there was an email from a friend in there this morning but now (8 hrs latter) I went to read the same email again and it was there but then disappeared as I was just about to read it? Now I cant find it anywhere in any folder?

I haven't been on-line via any web browser to my Yahoo account today..

I just now logged into my account on my pc and the email isn't in any folder there either?

Am I going something wrong - this has happeneded with a few emails now.

Tks

Frosty :eek:
Not sure about the disappearing act. However the Bulk Mail is the same as Junk Mail and Yahoo servers do their best to "guess" what is legit and what isn't. I have to check but, there is a time limit (usually a few days) before mail is deleted from that folder. It may be a setting but, I can't look at work. No personal email on the company computer.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
Something is going on with Yahoo. I lost 2 impt emails without even me deleting 'em. I checked on their servers too and friggin thing just wasn't there. Not sure whether this is the problem with Yahoo or iPhone.

Will check this out for few more days and if I still lose some emails I'm gonna call Yahoo.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
There was a post yesterday about not being able to send pictures via Yahoo mail. Apparently something is up with their server.