Yahoo Imap Question

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I know yahoo IMAP is not desktop compatible but I have heard people claiming that since the iPhone uses imap-idle for push that I can manually enter or set up IMAP with my free yahoo account on the iPhone. I've been having problems receiving email from push so I am trying to set it up to auto retreive every 15 min through imap. I thought I had remembered seeing a option in the yahoo acct settings to check every 15 mins but I don't see it anymore. Maybe the option was taken out with 1.13.
Does anyone know where the option is to set up auto check every 15 mins. or the IMAP settings for the iPhone so I can manually set up my yahoo account? Thanks for any help.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
Go to Settings>Mail>Auto-check and set the desired time frame.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Go to Settings>Mail>Auto-check and set the desired time frame.
I went to Settings>Mail... but there is no auto check. I think the option was taken out in 1.13 as I mentioned in my above post. Are you actually able to go settings>mail>autocheck on your yahoo acct?

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
I went to Settings>Mail... but there is no auto check. I think the option was taken out in 1.13 as I mentioned in my above post. Are you actually able to go settings>mail>autocheck on your yahoo acct?
You don't have the option in when you enter Yahoo mail and its not removed in 1.1.3. I can still see it. Do this, go to Settings and then click Mail, now scroll down after all your mail accounts, under Messages header the first things is "Auto-Check" before "Show". Click on it and you can select the different option(s). Let me know if you cannot find it.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
More info...

iphone_mail_settings.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
You don't have the option in when you enter Yahoo mail and its not removed in 1.1.3. I can still see it. Do this, go to Settings and then click Mail, now scroll down after all your mail accounts, under Messages header the first things is "Auto-Check" before "Show". Click on it and you can select the different option(s). Let me know if you cannot find it.
Mine does not have the auto check feat. It has show, preview,minimum font size etc. How did you set up your yahoo acct, By pop, imap, or automatic settings?

Edit. Okay I figured it out. I first had to turn off push and then the autocheck option magically appeared! How has your experience been using this IMAP auto check. Has it been a lot more reliable than the yahoo push email? Thanks.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
Mine does not have the auto check feat. It has show, preview,minimum font size etc. How did you set up your yahoo acct, By pop, imap, or automatic settings?

Edit. Okay I figured it out. I first had to turn off push and then the autocheck option magically appeared! How has your experience been using this IMAP auto check. Has it been a lot more reliable than the yahoo push email? Thanks.
I don't use Auto check or the push. I was using it earlier, but it was eating away my battery quite a lot. Hence, I have set the Auto-check to manual.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I don't use Auto check or the push. I was using it earlier, but it was eating away my battery quite a lot. Hence, I have set the Auto-check to manual.
Okay. I guess time will tell. Thanks for the help..