Yahoo mail and YouTube not working..?

budsbava

Bronze
Jan 8, 2008
Running on 1.1.4 and recently jailbroken with ziPhone and now my yahoo mail and youtube arent working..
For Youtube - Cannot connect to youtube is the error message
For Yahoomail - Cannot get mail, the userid/pw for imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com is incorrect is the error message
applied all the patches and fixes provided in the installer but a'int got any result..please help me guys..Thanks in advance..!

utze

Mar 21, 2008
waaaa. I just wanted to upgrade my iPhone from 1.0.2 to 1.1.4
now happened dis?

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Go into Installer and download "Youtube Activator 1.1.4" from Big Boss.

utze

Mar 21, 2008
what to download for yahoo mail?

quillhill

Feb 29, 2008
Nothing? It should work.
Unfortunately, like the OP, I have both of the same issues and Yahoo mail doesn't work.

It's kind of annoying. Yahoo isn't my primary e-mail, Gmail is and that works, but it's frustrating to have one and not the other. These two issues are my only issues. I would be pleased if they worked.

So, if anyone has thoughts on the Yahoo e-mail that would be helpful, meantime I will find the YouTube activator and see if that does the trick for that issue.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
It should as in what I meant. The YouTube Activator fixes both problems.

quillhill

Feb 29, 2008
It should as in what I meant. The YouTube Activator fixes both problems.
Interesting. Pardon my noobness. :)

I can't seem to find the YouTube Activator. I previously tried a YouTube patch and it didn't resolve the issue. Is this a different solution?

KC2576

Sep 16, 2007
i had the exact same problem....and i put the only patch i saw for youtube...i final just restored my phone....my email and youtube would not work...i used ziPhone 2.5

quillhill

Feb 29, 2008
So did that resolve the issue with YouTube and email not working for you? I don't mind giving the restore a try if it has a better shot at working.

I've installed and uninstalled YouTube activator three or four times with no success.

I used ziPhone three weeks ago to unlock and jailbreak, I think it was 2.5b ...

i had the exact same problem....and i put the only patch i saw for youtube...i final just restored my phone....my email and youtube would not work...i used ziPhone 2.5

KC2576

Sep 16, 2007
So did that resolve the issue with YouTube and email not working for you? I don't mind giving the restore a try if it has a better shot at working.

I've installed and uninstalled YouTube activator three or four times with no success.

I used ziPhone three weeks ago to unlock and jailbreak, I think it was 2.5b ...
yeah its all working now but my phone isn't jailbroke... I used 2.5c. Email and youtube problems

quillhill

Feb 29, 2008
yeah its all working now but my phone isn't jailbroke... I used 2.5c. Email and youtube problems
Hmm. Shame. Well, I won't die without either, it just bugs me they don't work. Hopefully a better solution will be developed in the future.