Yahoo mail bug?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Dec 25, 2007
Can anyone tell me if this is a bug or normal. I logged into my yahoo account from my computer and deleted a couple of emails. When I checked my mail from my iPhone later that day the emails were back in the inbox.

Is this a normal occurrence or a bug?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Can anyone tell me if this is a bug or normal. I logged into my yahoo account from my computer and deleted a couple of emails. When I checked my mail from my iPhone later that day the emails were back in the inbox.

Is this a normal occurrence or a bug?

The emails are sent to both your cpu and your iPhone. Deleating one does not deleate the other.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
OK. That makes sense. I just have my iPhone settings so that I only see the 50 most recent messages on the phone, so I do not see the older emails. I was afraid to delete any yahoo messages on my iPhone in case I need them later.

My gmail IMAP deletes them from
my inbox on computer when I delete on the iPhone, so that also confused me.

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Actually, if you set up Yahoo mail the normal way on the phone and you delete an email off the phone, it will delete it off the server. The only way that I have found to stop this from happening is to set up yahoo as a POP account and tell it to never delete the mail from the server. As for emails popping back on the phone after they have been deleted on the computer, this has happened to me with my AOL account. I think it is some kind of bug.

Dec 25, 2007
I thought the emails were sent to my yahoo account address regardless of where I read the mail. This the first time yahoo/my iPhone has done this. I rarely delete any mail using my iPhone. I always use my PC.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Using the POP3 option for email will cause slight confusion for you between PC and iPhone. Emails are not "synced" between the 2 devices.
If you are using Yahoo's push mail service or an IMAP account, they generally sync up as you access the folders (folders are another advantange of IMAP).
As Tinman posted somewhere on here, it isn't 100%, but still a far cry from the POP configuration.