Yahoo mail is junk, even outside of the iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bigviking

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I have spent the last two hours using multiple new yahoo email accounts, and testing a lot using both their web interface, and my iPhone.

The push email works great, just a few seconds and it's in my iPhone.

But, I can't send from my iPhone using yahoo email. So, I tried just sending from yahoo's own web based email on my desktop. Same problem, the message never gets where it's going, even if I send from yahoo to a known working email id on another server. One of them did actually go through from the web system, but it took over two hours.

My experience shows me that the iPhone is probably getting blamed for bigger problems with yahoo mail. Heck, if you can't even reliably send from their own web interface how can we expect it to work reliably from the iPhone.

I would love to switch to Gmail if push worked.

bigviking

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
OK, It Just takes two and a half hours

I have spent the last two hours using multiple new yahoo email accounts, and testing a lot using both their web interface, and my iPhone.

The push email works great, just a few seconds and it's in my iPhone.

But, I can't send from my iPhone using yahoo email. So, I tried just sending from yahoo's own web based email on my desktop. Same problem, the message never gets where it's going, even if I send from yahoo to a known working email id on another server. One of them did actually go through from the web system, but it took over two hours.

My experience shows me that the iPhone is probably getting blamed for bigger problems with yahoo mail. Heck, if you can't even reliably send from their own web interface how can we expect it to work reliably from the iPhone.

I would love to switch to Gmail if push worked.
OK, after much more testing today I have learned that right now, Yahoo email just takes about two and a half hours to send an email from their own web based system, or from the iPhone. They are having serious problems right now, so I can't blame it on the iPhone.

rwnewton

Jul 11, 2007
Until today, I have had good service with my Yahoo email. But, today I have been unable to get any new message on my iPhone.