Yahoo! Mail Mysteriously getting deleted

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

srs21

Aug 13, 2007
Twice now I have noticed that Yahoo! emails are getting mysteriously deleted by my iPhone and/or Yahoo!

These are emails that I first received on my iPhone, and then when I log on to Yahoo! mail on my computer a couple hours later to respond to them they are totally gone... i.e. neither in my Inbox or Trash folder.

My iPhone Yahoo! mail account settings are set to "Ask Before Deleting: On" and "Deleted Messages: Remove: Never". Nothing I do on my iPhone should ever cause these emails to go away basically.

This is really annoying. Conversely, sometimes I'll delete emails from my iPhone (intentionally) and then I'll check my email again 20 or so minutes later and the deleted messages will be downloaded again and marked as new. I don't mind this issue as much as emails disappearing obviously. Pretty much the synchronization between Yahoo! and the iPhone sucks!

My brother has noticed this same mysteriously deleting email problems between his iPhone and Yahoo! account also...

Aug 13, 2007
Your brother sounds like a really cool guy

I don't know what to tell you about your problem, but your brother sounds like a really cool guy!

fern

Aug 13, 2007
Yahoo emails VANISH

I have the same exact problem and thought I was going crazy. It only happens sporadically and not consistently, but when it happens, it is very annoying. I have lost emails, and also had a problem with emails never being sent ( or any record of them being written in drafts or in the sent folder)

I called tech support and they said to reinstall Yahoo-- which I did. I hope this corrects the problem. They had never heard of this issue.

It is definitely a syncing issue with the Yahoo server.

Fellow Yahoo users- anyone else have this problem and a solution?

PolkieJoe

Jul 3, 2007
I had the same thing happen a few times also. Pretty weird...I though I was dreaming that I got and received a few emails.

PS. your brother seems a lot cooler that you are. :cool: