Yahoo Mail - Sending But Cannot Receive

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I have had this issue since getting the iPhone.

Here is some background:
I have setup Yahoo Mail via the Mail Settings and do not have the pay Mail Plus from Yahoo (I heard this did not work with iPhone/IMAP). I have cleared out any emails with big files in my Yahoo mail account online as the guy at the Genius Bar told me that maybe I had something clogging the ol' mail tubes.

What is most frustrating is that Yahoo is supposed to be the "push" solution as the other accounts have to be setup to check on a certain frequency.

What is also frustrating is that this same Yahoo Mail account worked with push on my Blackberry. Flawless, every single time.

I had to exchange my iPhone due to other issues yesterday and was hoping that the Mail not working might have been related to the other phone issues but it appears not.

**A bit of an update**
I decided to create a whole new Yahoo Mail account and add that to my iPhone via the Settings menu. Guess what. It worked. I received email on this *new* Yahoo Mail account right away.

But wait...there's more!

So this nice and shiny new Yahoo Mail account, while great at receiving email does not seem to be able to SEND MAIL... How jacked is this?

So, long story short I have an old Yahoo Mail account that can send and a new Yahoo Mail account that can receive but NEITHER can do both.

This is weird and coming from a Blackberry, very frustrating that they cannot get something so simple right.

***Oh wait, even better update***
So the Yahoo Mail account that could not send apparrently SENT the email but DOES NOT know that it sent the email because it is still showing that "Sending..." at the bottom of the screen... Awesome. Now my mail seems to be hung on this Sending... thing.

Man, did Apple get the Mail wrong. I absolutely love Apple products and use lots of them but Mail is just jacked. I hope they fix it soon.

My second favorite thing is when Gmail tells me I have over 2 BILLION emails that I have not read and need to download.. Something tells me I may not have time for that....EVER.

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Ok, I hope I am not bugging people with this but my ultimate goal is not to beeotch but to ultimately find what is causing this and a solution.

So I did a reset on my phone. However, in the past I would delete the accounts, do the reset and then add them back. This time I left the Yahoo accounts in question on the iPhone and did the reset.

Now the *new* Yahoo Mail account can send and receive and I have tested it sending and receiving to Gmail and Mac accounts.

However, the old Yahoo Mail account is still unable to receive emails.

Very weird.