Yahoo Nightmare

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

camtheram

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Colorado
So I have been unable to figure out how to send on my iPhone using my college email account. Pretty annoying considering my Blackberry 8100 could do it and it didn't even take much to set that up.

I decided that I would get a Yahoo account so I could forward my college email to that inbox and still be able to reply on my iPhone. I didn't want an "@yahoo.com" address so I upgraded to a personal address account for $35/year. Then I find out $35 is still not enough to get rid of the ads or give me POP3 or IMAP access. So I end up dishing out another $19.99 for Yahoo Plus to resolve those issues.

Now the fun part. I configured the Yahoo account (POP3) with Mail on my Mac before I synced it with my iPhone. iPhone decides on its own to convert it from POP3 to IMAP. Thats fine but in order to use the personal address I purchased, I need to use POP3. So I had to convert it all back to POP3 on my iPhone manually. Then as soon as I started logging into my account via iPhone via POP3, my Yahoo webmail locked me out. After a couple hours of using the POP3 account on my iPhone, Mail started to crash and eventually refused to open. The only way I could get it to become stable was to go into settings and remove ALL my email accounts. I cancelled both personal address and Yahoo Plus upgrades. I believe I am getting a pro-rated refund on the Yahoo Plus $19.99 but completely lost the $35 for the personal address upgrade.

I wouldn't doubt it if Yahoo still has my credit card on file. They never replied to my technical support emails and it has been one big nightmare. :mad:

camtheram

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Colorado
Wow, well turns out my email problem got worse. So I thought since I could get to the screen that shows all the different email providers (when you have no email setup) that everything was fine. Well I get home (was out of town) thinking I could just sync up my other email accounts, but I was wrong. The iPhone Mail app was trashed. The email accounts refused to sync, so I had to do a restore. Not that bad considering my Mac kept most of the data backed up but still. Thanks again Yahoo Mail

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
And this is why Im pissed off that yahoo got the push email agreement with Apple. I hope you can receive some comfort in knowing that you aren't alone. Yahoo's customer service is terrible. You should complain to the bbb to try to get your money back. That's the only way I could get my account back after they arbitrarily closed it.

Have you tried gmail instead? It's much better and they have free POP.

MacFreak

Jul 5, 2007
Well.. Yahoo account cause my iPhone crashed many times got fed up and switch to gmail and happy with it. but I have to check email manual argh. I rather yahoo since it have email push to my iPhone much faster.