Yahoo push email finally working?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Ive been messing around with my yahoo push email today and it seems to be working. Did they finally work out the bugs? My yahoo mail used to be on a twelve to teentyfour hour delay.

dmwinkler11@ou.edu

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
I had no problems until last Thursday... I actually have two yahoo accounts, one works often the only hasn't updated since Thursday so I dunno what's going on. But it worked great for over a month.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
mine sure hasent my blackberry has been perfect since day 1 my iPhone is still a no . ill get it on my blackberry and have to pull it on the iPhone sometimes waiting an hour just to see....

dmwinkler11@ou.edu

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
Yesterday evening I had to turn my phone off wait ten seconds and turn it back on because of change to my plan, but after I turned it back on my yahoo email started working again and i haven't had a problem since (knock on wood) so its worth a shot, turn it off for at least ten seconds and turn it back on and see if it starts working. :)

awah

Sep 17, 2007
Yahoo IMAP push not working

I setup the Yahoo mail through' the standard iPhone setup. I never get the email push to the iPhone. I've to manually update. However the gmail works fine. Later, I found out if you use the pop.mail.yahoo.com (setup through the setting - mail). The email is pushed to the iPhone correctly and I get the notificaitons every 15 min if new email comes

However, I lost all the email folder if I use the pop3 access. If I use the IMAP access, I lost the push function but has all the yahoo email folders.

For those people saying push email working, are they using the POP or IMAP? I cannot get push to work on IMAP but I like to have all the email folders besides the inbox on the iPhone.

Anyone has a solution?:confused:

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
you arent familiar with the term push email. push email is instant email notification. the second its sent to your yahoo email address your yahoo inbox shows a new message the exact same time your phone does. pull email is where the phone physically pulls the email from your inbox and notifies you every 15 min...

tundra

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
New Jersey
I have been having issues with Yahoo mail on my iPhone since day one. Sometimes i do not get any mails at all. I find that when manually checking for mail it takes forever and I found its due to the Yahoo email account. It would be nice to have them all pushed as my blackberry did.

t-mack

Jul 18, 2007
"Use Push" option

has there always been a use push mail option in the advance
settings ?

No! The "Use Push" option has not always been there. It was added in the 1.1.1 update.

My Yahoo! push has NEVER worked. Since the update, it now WORKS!:laugh2:

I will watch it in the coming days and update again on how it goes. But everyone that is having problems needs to try Yahoo push again. The option is under Settings> Mail> Your Yahoo account > Advanced > USE PUSH

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
my yahoo worked fine for a week then it stopped working. I selected the push email button and its still not working. Who knows if it will ever work.

piloting

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Can someone else verify the PUSH works in 1.1.1? I have the 1.0.2 and am not able to upgrade. What is put in the 1.1.1 to make it work? Are the server address and port number different? Can someone post out the server and port and any new information put in the 1.1.1? I wonder whether I can use the "Other" Setting to setup the email rather than using the predefine YAHOO setting for 1.0.2 user.

gulbane

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Can someone else verify the PUSH works in 1.1.1? I have the 1.0.2 and am not able to upgrade. What is put in the 1.1.1 to make it work? Are the server address and port number different? Can someone post out the server and port and any new information put in the 1.1.1? I wonder whether I can use the "Other" Setting to setup the email rather than using the predefine YAHOO setting for 1.0.2 user.
yes, mine works 100% of the time now. After a lot of testing from my work email address to my iPhone, I got numerous emails sent from various times during to day in less than 1 minute. Good crap.