Yahoo push email solution is working now!

Oct 8, 2007
My brother got his iPhone with firmware version 1.0.2 , i have 1.0.1 we both have yahoo mail but his always work perfect , he gets his emails push, the second you send then , on the other hand mine phone always need to refresh the email app , but then i found out about the firmware version , and had to install iTunes 7.3 because 7.4 wont let me install 1.0.2 , i don't want to lose the hacks over the push , and the install was possible but a litle tricky , you need to get the phone in restore mode and then put it back to normal with installer.app and now everything work fine , i get the mails the second they hit the server , now im really happy , i hope if any of you had the same problem maybe you can get this to work for you , don't install 1.1.1

MileHiPhone

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
My brother got his iPhone with firmware version 1.0.2 , i have 1.0.1 we both have yahoo mail but his always work perfect , he gets his emails push, the second you send then , on the other hand mine phone always need to refresh the email app , but then i found out about the firmware version , and had to install iTunes 7.3 because 7.4 wont let me install 1.0.2 , i don't want to lose the hacks over the push , and the install was possible but a litle tricky , you need to get the phone in restore mode and then put it back to normal with installer.app and now everything work fine , i get the mails the second they hit the server , now im really happy , i hope if any of you had the same problem maybe you can get this to work for you , don't install 1.1.1
Weird. I have 1.0.2 and just set up Yahoo Mail to test it (forwarding my corporate mail to that account) but so far nothing has pushed very quickly. It does push but it is by no means immediate.

Oct 8, 2007
Weird. I have 1.0.2 and just set up Yahoo Mail to test it (forwarding my corporate mail to that account) but so far nothing has pushed very quickly. It does push but it is by no means immediate.

Sometimes it takes like 20 seg but that's when I'm using wifi but there a delay of 10 seg ,compare to the manually check I had to do before its much better now I also did a hard reset for the first time since I got the phone plus i have the email notifier app its great i don't even have to unlock it to know if i got emails