Yahoo PUSH finally working!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cleary5

Sep 26, 2007
Tonight, after 2 months, my Yahoo PUSH mail finally started working as advertised! It's a night and day difference, and very fast. Maybe Yahoo finally started feeling the heat from GMail when they added IMAP and gave the iPhone servers the power they need. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

NEW UPDATE: Well, this morning PUSH was back to it's normal, non-functioning self. But I tried something that got it up and running again. I went into the Mail settings, turned off Push Mail, exited, then reentered and reactiaved it and it's working great again! Perhaps the problem is with the iPhone firmware, or even AT&T. Warning: Doing this seemed to make some week old emails come back from the dead. I don't know if it is related.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I tried mine tonight too, and I will be darned I sent from my PC, Gmail/IMAP to my Yahoo account and it sent and received in less than a minute. If it continues to work I will be very impressed

cleary5

Sep 26, 2007
I have updated my original post by editing it, detailing a short term fix that worked for me that seems to indicate that the problem isn't with Yahoo's server but perhaps with the iPhone firmware.