Yahoo! Push IMAP email setup?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
How will we set this up. Can I just make an account today and set it up later? Will I have to get my iPhone pin or number and set it up that way? Does anyone know what to do? Because I would like to get a headstart if I could.:laugh2:

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Well you need a yahoo account, and once there you need to enable POP3 (it's not IMAP) and then configure it on the phone itself.

Fafafoooey

Bronze
Apr 26, 2007
Well you need a yahoo account, and once there you need to enable POP3 (it's not IMAP) and then configure it on the phone itself.
Wrong. Free Yahoo Email does not offer IMAP or POP. You need to pay for that. But during the keynote in January, it was said that all iPhone owners will have free Yahoo IMAP push email. You will probably have some sort of code, and within Yahoo Mail, you will probably go through the process of purchasing Yahoo Mail Plus, but at the end, when you are supposed to pay, you supply the code, and you will have all the features for the time that you have iPhone. They probably also need your serial number of the device. I guess we'll see come 6/29 or around there.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Does anyone know if you will be able to set up other e-mail (i.e. work e-mail) to be push Imap like on a blackberry? Or is it just the yahoo accounts?

Fafafoooey

Bronze
Apr 26, 2007
Does anyone know if you will be able to set up other e-mail (i.e. work e-mail) to be push Imap like on a blackberry? Or is it just the yahoo accounts?
If your email service offers IMAP, then yes. Most ISP email is POP3. You can still configure your email on the iPhone to pick that up as you need it, or I am sure there is an auto-get setting.