Yahoo push not working?

blotto

Jul 29, 2008
So i noticed that my yahoo mail wasn't being pushed a couple days ago, i tested it today and it still isn't working, it was working just fine before. Has anyone else experienced problems?

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
My yahoo mail is pushing just fine ATM, just got an email a minute ago actually. However, I was having some problems with it not retrieving my mail a couple days ago.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Mine hasn't been working correctly for three weeks now. It's getting really old.

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
Same Here! I'm not sure how long it's been, but it has been at least weeks. It still works, but not properly. It seems to retrieve mail when my other pop account fetches.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
If you do a quick search you'll see that most users find Yahoo sketchy at best. I've found that force quitting the mail app will help. Also, you can try a reboot or a repsring (if you're jailbroken).

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
I've heard push mail issues since last year. but i've never experienced it before. Until now. I've done some searching and tried everything suggested. From, rebooting the phone to deleting the mail account and setting it up again. It's a problem with the yahoo servers.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Great info!
I had no idea this problem was so widespread. Now I have two threads two keep me updated to see a solution.

The solution would be if Yahoo would finally get it right. (or got it right from the beginning)

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
I just find it strange that my yahoo mail pushed perfectly for months, then a few weeks ago, just stopped working correctly.
Once I get stuck on a problem like this, I usually don't quit trying till I resolve it. (Or at least I find that someone else has resolved it ) :sick:

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
Well, I "apparently" just found the answer. It seems a little while back, and I don't know when, they did something with their site that doesn't allow for the iPhone to receive push while you are still logged on. Another words, don't just leave the site while you are still logged on, but log off first.
I don't think they did this on purpose, but this has obviously happened.
I just tried this, and then sent an email from my other pop account to my Yahoo account, and received it on my phone a few seconds after I pushed send.
Really!

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
But how long do you think it's going to last? That's the question. (i'm not trying to sound cynical) :)

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
I don't have the answer to that. I can tell you that it's an hour or two later and it's till working perfect. Only time will tell, but I'll report back on my progress.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Well, I "apparently" just found the answer. It seems a little while back, and I don't know when, they did something with their site that doesn't allow for the iPhone to receive push while you are still logged on. Another words, don't just leave the site while you are still logged on, but log off first.
I just tried this, and then sent an email from my other pop account to my Yahoo account, and received it on my phone a few seconds after I pushed send.
Really!

Can anyone else confirm this? I won't be able to try it til I get home tonight from work since every computer at home is logged into my Yahoo account. If it works it's an easy fix til Yahoo get's their act together.

I have been emailing Yahoo weekly for the last few weeks and all they have to say is "our engineering team is working on the problem".

blotto

Jul 29, 2008
Really!

This didn't work for me, i still have to manually check in order to receive it. This is really getting old, my work exchange account pushes just fine, i get emails on my phone before i get them in outlook. Its just strange it worked perfectly fine for months and all of a sudden it stopped working.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Isn't the fetch schedule supposed to take over is push isn't available or turned off? I have it set to 15min and I have mail that been sitting in the box for over an hour that I haven't been notified about. This whole mail thing is starting to pi$$ me off!

I'd forward my yahoo to my work exchange but it doesn't leave a copy on the yahoo server.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Isn't the fetch schedule supposed to take over is push isn't available or turned off? I have it set to 15min and I have mail that been sitting in the box for over an hour that I haven't been notified about. This whole mail thing is starting to pi$$ me off!

I'd forward my yahoo to my work exchange but it doesn't leave a copy on the yahoo server.

It's suppose to, but i have noticed that same thing too. That's what really pissed me off too!

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
This is over 12 hours that mine is still working. I don't have any idea how long it will work, but I will keep testing it.
Does everyone that is having this problem have a Yahoo page? Have you ever signed on there? Is it still logged on or off? Have you ever emailed Yahoo from there to complain about this? I did email Yahoo from there to complain, I can't believe that that had anything to do with it, as I've never even heard back from them.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I've emailed them about four times. Each time they've told me "their engineering team is working on the issue"...whatever that means.