Yahoo "Push" On/Off Button and "Fix"(Sorta)

ben1380

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Ok, basically the Yahoo "PUSH" feature doesn't work...for anyone. Sure it will work sometimes....but that's crap. It should just work. In my experience with 2 iPhones(wife has one), the yahoo "Push" feature will work for a short time after the iPhone has been restarted...then no mail will come AT ALL, unless you manually check the Mail app.

Also, I have noticed that the Mail app will IGNORE your "Auto-check" settings if the "PUSH" feature is set to "On". Even though I had it set to 15 mins, it would only download new Gmail messages and my Yahoo mail would not download until I manually checked it.

So....In my Yahoo Advanced settings, I set the "Use Push Mail" to Off, and set the "Auto-check" to 15 mins. Now it DOES download my yahoo mail every 15 minutes.

Much better than going hours without getting mail.

ben1380

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Bump, for those who don't search or scroll

I only have my Yahoo account on my phone, and unless I add my Gmail or other account there isn't even a choice about push or auto-check. I may just add the Gmail so I can do as you suggest, thanks.

[edit 1] OK, I added Gmail but I don't see how to turn off the PUSH. :oops:

[edit 2] OK, so now I hear that the PUSH setting is only in 1.1.1, so I can't use it, but I also hear it doesn't work anyway. I may move to 1.1.1 but right now I still like my apps and mods too much.