Yellow Spot in the bottom right of my iPhone when held upright. HELP!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

crewxp

Jun 30, 2007
Hey, there's a yellow spot in the bottom right of my iPhone when it's held upright. It shows over ANY application.

But for some reason goes away if the phone is held sideways (in widescreen mode), or is at the screen where you slide to unlock.

Does anyone know what I should do?

tundra

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
New Jersey
Hey, there's a yellow spot in the bottom right of my iPhone when it's held upright. It shows over ANY application.

But for some reason goes away if the phone is held sideways (in widescreen mode), or is at the screen where you slide to unlock.

Does anyone know what I should do?

you can uninstall dock 2.0 you installed through installer. I happen to love this little app. Hold your finger on it and slide to a program you would like to open. Very easy.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
you can uninstall dock 2.0 you installed through installer. I happen to love this little app. Hold your finger on it and slide to a program you would like to open. Very easy.
I love that app too. Very interesting design--seems like something Apple created themselves.

--
Mike

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I liked the original version myself.

I uninstalled this new version because of the obvious redundancies. If I wanted to press my phone icon, I'd just press it, I don't need it displayed in the arcing menu as well. Doing so just means I've got to travel farther to find my application.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I liked the original version myself.

I uninstalled this new version because of the obvious redundancies. If I wanted to press my phone icon, I'd just press it, I don't need it displayed in the arcing menu as well. Doing so just means I've got to travel farther to find my application.
I hated the original version. Flaky, screwed with my springboard, etc.

The beauty of the new version is you can switch to any app without having to go the springboard. I have no doubt it will eventually allow supression of apps. Very slick.

--
Mike

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007

The beauty of the new version is you can switch to any app without having to go the springboard. I have no doubt it will eventually allow supression of apps. Very slick.

--
Mike
Good points. I hope it's "smart" suppression btw. In example, I'm only shown applications that aren't on my springboard when I'm on that screen. In contrast, when in an application the Dock would then show all the available applications.

Just not a fan of it yet. It's fecking hard to find that damned Frotz icon in that huge arch dude...

tundra

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
New Jersey
Good points. I hope it's "smart" suppression btw. In example, I'm only shown applications that aren't on my springboard when I'm on that screen. In contrast, when in an application the Dock would then show all the available applications.

Just not a fan of it yet. It's fecking hard to find that damned Frotz icon in that huge arch dude...
I see all Apps I installed and some of the original iPhone apps in the dock. I think it is missing camera and settings.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco

--
Mike
I was trying to figure this out yesterday...

The original version is the one that just made the fourth row of icons in the Springboard scroll sideways and the new version has the arc thing? Is that correct? Both made by the same company?

I tried installing Dock yesterday and thought I was getting the side-scrolling one but ended up with the arc one. I couldn't uninstall the 'new' one and had to restore.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Dock 2.0 displays a "yellow spot in the bottom right" of the iPhone's display.

--
Mike
Ah! I was thinking the question was about a spot on the display (screen imperfection) that is visible from certain angles, wha'ts that got to do with software?!