Yellow Tint Fix [Maybe]

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I think someone mentioned this in the other thread but I doubt many people saw it.

I tried it and while it decreased the yellow a bit it is still quite a bit more yellow than my v1. Hopefully Apple will allow us to better control the visual specs in the future.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I do notice a little more yellow than v1 but actually I think the icons look crisper and after using the phone for awhile you don't notice it as much, I kind of like how it looks.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I did get used to it and stopped noticing it until I looked at my V1. Now, its noticeable again so Im trying the restore thing.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I just restored. It's reinstalling everything. From what I hear (after talking to others), at the very least it's more stable than the 345 build. And Shari (wife) has the 347 on her v1 and her phone is not laggy at all. Mine does have some lag (3G, brand new). So, I'll find out tomorrow.

Laters.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I just restored. It's reinstalling everything. From what I hear (after talking to others), at the very least it's more stable than the 345 build. And Shari (wife) has the 347 on her v1 and her phone is not laggy at all. Mine does have some lag (3G, brand new). So, I'll find out tomorrow.

Laters.
Where the heck do you get all these numbers you genius you, I am so not a techy person, I have no idea what langauge you just spoke.:eek:

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
How exactly can you see if it has "lag"?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
How exactly can you see if it has "lag"?
Well its more something you notice.
For example, when you press a button on the keyboard and it takes a couple of seconds to show that its pressed or type that key.

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
i only noticed honestly when i looked at older v1. i kind of like the warmer colors

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Ok, I guess I don't have lag cause I haven't noticed that.
I hope you guys fix yours through restore.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
hmm im not one to really care about the yellowish tint but i read the artical and it says sutin bout also stopping the apps crashing. ive hadthis happen to me a lot where i open an app and my whole phone crashes ive been meanin to restore my iPhone but this gives me better reason to

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Ok, I guess I don't have lag cause I haven't noticed that.
I hope you guys fix yours through restore.
i know on friday i had lots of lag issues. saturday was much more stable but a few little things. today was almost perfect except for tonight when i had to hard reboot. otherwise its been getting better. if memory serves me right i had lots of issues with the original iPhone and then by a couple of days it all worked out. seems like its happening again, its almost like the iPhone has a learning curve for the operator, once it knows yeah it will work great from then on.i know it sounds crazy

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
hmm im not one to really care about the yellowish tint but i read the artical and it says sutin bout also stopping the apps crashing. ive hadthis happen to me a lot where i open an app and my whole phone crashes ive been meanin to restore my iPhone but this gives me better reason to
I've said it before and I'll say it again, restoring usually always helps with crashes.;)

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I've said it before and I'll say it again, restoring usually always helps with crashes.;)
i second that and if of you haven't done it yet, get the upgraded build, its more stable. i have a feeling a newer build will become available in the next week though

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
lmao alright here it goes.. it jsut takes soo long to back up, restore, put music back on. but i gues sitll be worth it.
edit... i jsut looked and i actually already have build 5a347. now that i think about it i restored my iPhone right when i got it because i couldnt get it to activate bec the servers was down and once i restored it it let me activate.. idk if it was a coicnidence or what.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
lmao alright here it goes.. it jsut takes soo long to back up, restore, put music back on. but i gues sitll be worth it.
edit... i jsut looked and i actually already have build 5a347. now that i think about it i restored my iPhone right when i got it because i couldnt get it to activate bec the servers was down and once i restored it it let me activate.. idk if it was a coicnidence or what.
Can't hurt to restore again if your having problems, I am restoring right now too.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
Can't hurt to restore again if your having problems, I am restoring right now too.
yeah i wasn't gonna but i just went on my iPhone and kept opening and closing apps and it crashed so now im def restoring. backing up as we speak i hate how it takes forvever just to back up now.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Well I did the restore and I cant notice a difference with the screen colors. I think its exactly the same... :(