Yes, I got an iPhone, but...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Robohead

Jul 27, 2007
I have a problem i just got my iPhone today and there is only one little problem, my iTunes doesn't work
its says that it cannot connect to the internet and i cant do anything that involves using the internet
any one have any ideas on how to get it to work
any advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks in advance
:laugh2:

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
yes last night i just went to the Apple site and dowloaded the new iTunes
and nothing happened :(

What would really help with some of these posts .... is to let us know "Mac or PC" ... not sure how much that would help ... but couldn't hurt.

Not clear on ..... downloaded the new iTunes and nothing happened. Huh? What version of iTunes are you running?

I just got my iPhone Friday afternoon. (Mac) ... so far ... haven't run in to any problems. But read this board and messages 10-12 times a day ... have been for more than 3 weeks ... will help if I can.

Robohead

Jul 27, 2007
?

well about a month ago my sister got mad because she couldnt buy songs from iTunes, and before that iTunes worked perfectly, so i told her maybe its because there is an update. so we updated it and it still couldnt connect. O and i am using a pc. Now the last time i updated besides that was last night and it still doesn't connect.so now i am thinking of activating at my cousins place but i don't want to go there every time when there is an iPhone update. I am confused

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
completely uninstall iTunes and restart your computer. Download a new version of iTunes from Apple and install. Restart computer, check to seek if it works.

If it doesn't work check and make sure your firewall allows incoming and outgoing connections from iTunes.

Let us know, we'll kick this thing in the butt!

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
this might help.....if you have mcafee security and it asks you "app trying to connect to internet" or something like that.....then click on "grant access" and you should be good......this happened to me the first time and it worked.

(this applies to pc's only....not sure about mac's)

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
BackUp Your Content First!

Uninstall - Reinstall
Why didn't any of you instruct the person needing help, to back up their iTunes content first? I hope they haven't started the uninstall without doing so. If you uninstall, without backing up your content folder to some type of media, you will lose EVERYTHING. Apple DOES NOT, hold your content on it's server!

Robohead

Jul 27, 2007
this might help.....if you have mcafee security and it asks you "app trying to connect to internet" or something like that.....then click on "grant access" and you should be good......this happened to me the first time and it worked.

(this applies to pc's only....not sure about mac's)

No i don't have that
and i have tried all of the advice in the post above and still i can not connect to the internet on iTunes:(
but thanks for responding
maybe i could wake up one morning and it could work who knows
but i doubt that:)

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I have never backed up my iTunes content and after a reinstall had no problems so I didn't mention it. don't get so angry.

As for the OP you should post in the Apple support forum as well as checking which ever virus program or firewall you are using.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Safe Mode

No i don't have that
and i have tried all of the advice in the post above and still i can not connect to the internet on iTunes:(
Try booting in safe mode. Then access the start menu and try to run iTunes from there and see if it works. You might have another program blocking you. Safe mode will start with limited programs running. Also, do you have the latest version of JAVA and also Quicktime installed on your computer?

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I have never backed up my iTunes content and after a reinstall had no problems so I didn't mention it. don't get so angry.

As for the OP you should post in the Apple support forum as well as checking which ever virus program or firewall you are using.
Sorry didn't mean to sound angry, I'm not. I just wanted to catch the person needing help before they uninstalled. If the only folder on your computer containing your music is iTunes an uninstall will erase it.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Why didn't any of you instruct the person needing help, to back up their iTunes content first? I hope they haven't started the uninstall without doing so. If you uninstall, without backing up your content folder to some type of media, you will lose EVERYTHING. Apple DOES NOT, hold your content on it's server!
WARNING, always get the advice of a professional before attempting to do anything that could alter your computer. This poster assumes no responsibilites for the backlash that can be caused by taking his advice. So take my advice at your own risk. My advice is also not redeemable for cash and not valid in the United States. So don't use my advice unless Apples website says that it is correct!:cool:

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
well about a month ago my sister got mad because she couldnt buy songs from iTunes, and before that iTunes worked perfectly, so i told her maybe its because there is an update. so we updated it and it still couldnt connect. O and i am using a pc. Now the last time i updated besides that was last night and it still doesn't connect.so now i am thinking of activating at my cousins place but i don't want to go there every time when there is an iPhone update. I am confused
Question for you? Did you ever have an external hard drive hooked up to your computer when downloading iTunes, that is now not hooked up?

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
WARNING, always get the advice of a professional before attempting to do anything that could alter your computer. This poster assumes no responsibilites for the backlash that can be caused by taking his advice. So take my advice at your own risk. My advice is also not redeemable for cash and not valid in the United States. So don't use my advice unless Apples website says that it is correct!:cool:
HaHa very funny, just didn't want to see the OP lose all their content...:laugh2:

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
No i don't have that

if you have a pc, then got to your "firewall" settings (in control panel) and click on the "exceptions" tab and make sure that iTunes is checked, other wise it wont allow it to connect to the internet......

hope this works for you...:)