Yes, I got an iPhone, but...

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Talk to Apple Support

I already have iTunes selected as an exception and no i have never had an external drive connected before that i do not have now
but i came across something earlier on the Apple website saying something about the proxy settings or something,
heres the link

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302182

is this it?
When all else fails Call Apple. I know you want to get going with your new iPhone but I would wait to talk to Apple in the morning. If you activate with someone else's (your cousin) computer it will only cause you problems later. You waited all this time, a few more hours won't kill you. Good things come to those that wait.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
just wondering but when you say problems in the future what do you mean?
I mean you (your iPhone) will be tied to someone else's computer in a different location. What if you want to sync something at 2am in the morning? Are you going to go to your cousin's house and wake them. Trust me, it will only cause problems. Don't be impatient and screw yourself in the long run. Just talk to Apple in the morning and activate on YOUR OWN computer...M

Robohead

Jul 27, 2007
isn't that like saying if you activate the iPhone on your desktop that you are tied to that one computer and cant sync with your laptop if you where to go somewhere and buy a cd to upload to iTunes and then to the iPhone

Robohead

Jul 27, 2007
well thanks to all

as i said before thanks for every ones help and i might be able to fix it, when i followed the instructions in the link it started to connect but then it said it couldent connect