YESS! Sync your GOOGLE CALENDAR with iPhone 2.0 without any apps!

princerefugee

Bronze
Oct 16, 2007
I've been missing nemusync from installer and actually hated the fact I left 1.1.4 to 2.0 but was def. happy about the games (crash bandicoot, etc.)

I've found a new company that works great without any glitches. I've been using it for the past 4 hours and havn't encountered any problems. The best part about it is that it's over the air, you don't have to manually connect to iTunes(i hate that thing) **SYNCS in a matter of seconds, you can type something in your iPhone or google calendar and it'll be updated immediately!**

http://www.nuevasync.com/

Make sure you follow the instructions step by step because I skipped it thinking I would figure it out myself but that wasn't the case.

:) thank u, thank u

UPDATE -
I just tried it on 2 other iPhones (2 brothers) and it worked flawlessly. PLEASE make sure you type in your "username" only for your email address and not username@gmail.com <-- i don't know if many of you are doing that maybe which is causing you problems?

Let me know how it goes :)

Keep in mind this has options for Contacts, Mail and Calendar, You would only want to select calendar because when you choose anything with exchange it'll delete all your previous contacts. Luckily I had them all stored for free at funambol (freely available on apps store) which lets you store all your contacts over the air incase it's ever deleted so you can sync back immediately.

UPDATE**

GREAT NEWS! Now you don't have to share your gmail password with them! Plus I'm only sharing my gmail calendar with them, my gmail mail is imap on iPhone itself so no reason to set that up. I just got an email from "nuevasync" saying that they received complaints about sharing gmail passwords with them so they made it where you don't have to share anything with them at all!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
No, thank you! One more app to scratch of my 2.0 must-have list... awesome! I'm getting very close now...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You would, but they appear to have been removed. And I just noticed this.... sorry! If chris puts them back, I'll definitely remember to pop back and give you props, cause this one is totally worth it to me...

It even syncs contacts. This is great!

princerefugee

Bronze
Oct 16, 2007
You remind me of SYED from my favorite show, "LOST." Well, from far away.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You remind me of SYED from my favorite show, "LOST." Well, from far away.
Haha, thanks. He's pretty good looking... however, I am many many shades whiter. But I'm sure someone will run with that in our "lookalike" thread. Thanks again for the info. You will be rewarded in heaven if not here.

shillingem

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Greensboro, NC
This is probably the best post I've EVER read! Thanks for the GREAT FIND! No mobileMe needed!
~E

spud

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
ok well after following all instructions, i now have lost ALL of my contacts on my phone as well as everything I had in my calendar.

I reread the instructions 5 times to make sure i had it right.

Awsome! now until i get home to restore, i have NO PHONE NUMBERS..

Just for safe measure, i changed my password on my gmail also.

SPAM?

spud

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
oh just to be more clear, i understood that adding exchange clears your contacts, but it is supposed to pop up a warning if it does so. No warning for me.

poof! gone!

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
i just signed up and now i cant login in, do i have to be on iPhone to log in
?

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
alright i am just doing this for my calendar and i cant seem to get it to work. i have events in gmail but it wont show in mu iPhone. what am i doign wrong

spud

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
no it is a bug w/t the site...
close your browser and reopen..

princerefugee

Bronze
Oct 16, 2007
I just tried it on 2 other iPhones (2 brothers) and it worked flawlessly. PLEASE make sure you type in your "username" only for your email address and not username@gmail.com <-- i don't know if many of you are doing that maybe which is causing you problems?

shillingem

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Greensboro, NC
I just want to say again what a [FONT=&quot]phenomenal find this is. My wife now adds events to my calendar from work and it is automatically synced with my phone. Also, no more loosing my contacts if the phone dies or my computer crashes. If I could find the Thank You button I would be glad to use it.
~E
[/FONT]

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
My wish has been answered this morning. Great find! I have installed and synced. No more having to manually type all my dates both in Google and phone. Its amazing how fast they sync. You enter a dat in the calendar on your phone and seconds later it online. My only question can we get color calendars with it too? If so how do we set that up?

medlinsw

Aug 3, 2007
I've found a new company that works great without any glitches. I've been using it for the past 4 hours and havn't encountered any problems. The best part about it is that it's over the air, you don't have to manually connect to iTunes(i hate that thing) **SYNCS in a matter of seconds, you can type something in your iPhone or google calendar and it'll be updated immediately!**

Make sure you follow the instructions step by step because I skipped it thinking I would figure it out myself but that wasn't the case.

I set it up without problems, but when I check sync, it says "existing calendar will be replaced". I don't have any entries in Google calendar at present, does that mean I loose my iPhone calendar?

Jerry

princerefugee

Bronze
Oct 16, 2007
I think you will, you should import them all first onto google calendar. I've seen the option on the left side on google calendar under "add" and it says, "import calendar".

Davebat59

Jul 15, 2008
Nuevasync.com

this site look a little light on detail - as to who and what owns it. Given that its the contact details of people that are being handled, I think I'd like to see far more reassurance of security....otherwise we may be simply gifting a con-site with our nearest and dearests contact details! :(

I've been missing nemusync from installer and actually hated the fact I left 1.1.4 to 2.0 but was def. happy about the games (crash bandicoot, etc.)

:) thank u, thank u

UPDATE -

Keep in mind this has options for Contacts, Mail and Calendar, You would only want to select calendar because when you choose anything with exchange it'll delete all your previous contacts. Luckily I had them all stored for free at funambol (freely available on apps store) which lets you store all your contacts over the air incase it's ever deleted so you can sync back immediately.

medlinsw

Aug 3, 2007
I think you will, you should import them all first onto google calendar. I've seen the option on the left side on google calendar under "add" and it says, "import calendar".
My problem is that the iPhone calendar is the only calendar I use. Since iPhone doesn't support Windows Calendar and I don't have Outlook, I think I'm out of luck unless I want to reenter my calendar manually into Google. You'd think "sync" means add items on one calendar to the other calendar, but I think, in this case, sync means copy your Google calendar to your iPhone calendar. Right?

Jerry