Yo! Copy & Paste Finally Made it to iPhone!

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Hey everybody. Copy & Paste finally came to the iPhone community. Thank goodness! Haven't we waited long enough already? Jeez!

Download Clippy immediately!

YAY!

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I was excited about Clippy too but really, try hClipboard instead, it was released the day after Clippy and is actually better as you can copy text from websites.

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
Hey everybody. Copy & Paste finally came to the iPhone community. Thank goodness! Haven't we waited long enough already? Jeez!

Download Clippy immediately!

YAY!
Welcome to last week :D

Last edited by a moderator:

favdiu

Feb 4, 2009
clippy

clippy doesn't work on 3g 2.2 it says that needs to upgrade

Radis

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
The app textguru says it has copy and paste but it five dollars from the app store

theanalyst

Mar 6, 2009
None of the above solutions appear to be good enough for me. I need something that works on every single applications. Not just text document, not just web sites, but on every applications anywhere. I need to copy my customer reference number from my ewallet to the website for making online payment. I need to cut and paste my credit card number from My Eyes Only application to any webpages for making online payments.

Still waiting for Apple to incorporate this perhaps?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
None of the above solutions appear to be good enough for me. I need something that works on every single applications. Not just text document, not just web sites, but on every applications anywhere. I need to copy my customer reference number from my ewallet to the website for making online payment. I need to cut and paste my credit card number from My Eyes Only application to any webpages for making online payments.

Still waiting for Apple to incorporate this perhaps?
Until then, why don't you type your credit card number into Notes and copy it from there into hClipboard?

theanalyst

Mar 6, 2009
Until then, why don't you type your credit card number into Notes and copy it from there into hClipboard?
Napoleon,

Thanks for your reply.

Your suggestion is certainly a workaround untiil we get the real thing. My only concern is that I have too many such information. My customer number in gas, electricity, water account, council rate bill, biller code of the payees, etc etc. Also, because these are sensitive information, I do not store them anywhere other than on eWallet type of database. If I repeat all these information on a Note application, I'm worried about the potential consequences if that info is stolen.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Napoleon,

Thanks for your reply.

Your suggestion is certainly a workaround untiil we get the real thing. My only concern is that I have too many such information. My customer number in gas, electricity, water account, council rate bill, biller code of the payees, etc etc. Also, because these are sensitive information, I do not store them anywhere other than on eWallet type of database. If I repeat all these information on a Note application, I'm worried about the potential consequences if that info is stolen.
Well, your personal information security is certainly something to consider.

If the ewallet app is on your iPhone, have you tried copying information from it with Clippy or hClipboard?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
i'm not going to read any of these Copy + Paste threads anymore, they depress me and there all old news.

When Apple decides to do what people ask, to make there kit better, then... maybe we can discuss copy and paste but as for now, there all crap!

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
i'm not going to read any of these Copy + Paste threads anymore, they depress me and there all old news.

When Apple decides to do what people ask, to make there kit better, then... maybe we can discuss copy and paste but as for now, there all crap!
If you say so...

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
it's people like yourself, that are the first to complain when somebody writes a thread on C+P

i'm not playin games with anybody, they really are poor, if there going to bring a c+p app out... at least do it properly ;)