Yosemite & iTunes.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Alkali, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

My dear friends how are you?
    I own 2011 MacBook Pro and have downloaded the latest operating system but I do have a small problem.
    After the upgrade i noticed there is an iTunes upgrade to 12.0.2 which i also upgraded but despite the iTunes upgrade and restarting my computer I noticed that iTunes does not show the upgraded version when I checked. I have downloaded several times but problem persist, it shows within the store that I have downloaded latest iTunes but from the top it still shows there is an iTunes upgrade waiting for me.

2. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I would try removing the application completely and reinstalling ITunes. You can use spotlight to look for any files that are related and delete them. After you do that, download the latest version.

3. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

Thanks silvermoon but I have a problem there! I have never deleted iTunes for tones of years I have been using it and I have millions of pictures, music in there and I also sync my iPhone, iPad with it. Am I not going to loose all those? If not, how do I save save and get then back?

4. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

You should not lose your pictures and music unless they are saved in the folder with iTunes. I'd check to see where you have your files saved. My pictures are saved in Pictures and Music in Downloads.

5. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

I am completely confused. All those are in my iPad and iPhone. Can I have them back when I synced both devices with the new iTunes and also my settings?

6. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

It's not going to do anything to your pictures and music on your phone. You can just sync again with the new iTunes.

7. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

I have tried but it says ' Cannot delete or modify iTunes because operating system needs it' so what next?

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Go to iTunes.com and download it again from there and then install it.

9. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

Thanks Europa, I have downloaded the way you said and everything works normal.