Yosemite upgrade

Discussion in 'iMac' started by DonnieBoston, May 7, 2015.

1. DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston New Member

I been a little patient in upgrading to Yosmite because I'm in fear something may go wrong with my iMac since it's a major upgrade. Can anyone shed some light on this before I begin the upgrade just to be safe? Is it worth the upgrade? Thanks.

2. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

From what I've read there isn't much to worry about now. Things seem to be working fine. My wife has a new rMBP running Yosimiote and really I'm not aware of any issues. WiFi is pretty rock solid.

On the other hand I have not upgraded because of the issues with third party software that will not run on Yosemite. Specifically, Microsoft Office 2008 is broken under 10.10x and Quick books Pro 2011 is also a no go. I'm not wanting to upgrade all that software just so I can run Yosemite which frankly doesn't give me enough to have to have it. So I'm doing nothing. Ugh.

3. DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston New Member

Yosmite is a must to upgrade for security purposes. This is what he Apple Store people told me.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'm on beta softwares for Yosemite and all has been fine. No issues here. Macbook Pro.