You have GOT to be kidding me!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 16, 2007
So I was told by mostly everyone that Notes backed up with the sync and that if I needed to do a restore, they would be there. Well, of course they are not there! Is there any way to get them? Is the info anywhere on my computer. This is so stupid, the sync process takes some info, but not all? How complicated can this get?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I also did a restore today and lost my contacts, notes, photos. Most of it was backed up but the notes of course where not. Also had to redo my favorite contacts, weather cities I had set up, and for whatever reason with this new update it will not sync my calendar. It has been a pain dealing with this all afternoon today.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Well, I don't know what happened but since updating to the new iTunes version last week I have had nothing but problems. :(

Well I came home from vacation on Friday afternoon. I immediately synced my phone via iTunes and added my vacation photos to iPhoto.

I was messing around with some settings on the iPhone and hit the reset all settings on the iPhone. Well, all my alarms and clock as well as weather and stock settings were gone. Rather then add them back in again, I did the restore. It added everything back in, clocks, stocks, notes, calendar as well as all other settings. I then synced and had all my vacation photos and other photos and songs back. Also my SMS were restored.

damefame

Sep 8, 2007
This may be a stupid question, so please forgive me... when you updated your iTunes software did you also update your iPhone's firmware? I'm sure you that you have...if not, give that a shot...Thats odd that you're not able to restore your information via sync...I've done it twice...

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Don't know what you did but when I restored recently, it remembered EVERYTHING, including, call times, edge usage, contacts, sms, etc......

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I've done 3 restores now. 1 because of issues, 2 due to modding. My notes were still there after all of them.

ProLink

Aug 2, 2007
I've done a restore and got it all back, then sent my phone back for service and got a loaner which synced and got all the info then got a new phone sent back from Apple and it synced with all info. Im on a mac computer, not sure if that might make a difference on what iTunes stores for back-up.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I really don't understand how the "they restored for me!" posts will help the OP. He lost his notes after a restore.

There have been cases, and it happened to me (as well as the OP--and others), where Notes did not come back after a restore. Yes, this isn't supposed to happen, but the fact remains it can happen.

So I for one will not rely on iTunes backups for Notes backup. The only surefire way to backup notes is to copy this one file from the iPhone to a safe location on a desktop PC:
/var/root/Library/Notes/notes.db

--
Mike