You know that annoying buzzing you get in speakers...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DeathBySnuggles

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Tampa, Fl
... when you're phone gets too close? I have that noise in the earpiece of my phone every time I make a call. All of sudden. Anybody have any idea what it is, or what I might have installed that caused it?

BWGrapher

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
me too

I have a same problem but after 1.1.1 update.
my speaker and earpiece are not louder before update, but I got those buzzing sound. However, I don't know how to pix it. :(

DeathBySnuggles

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Tampa, Fl
No update for me. I installed nikotalkie over the weekend. i also installed it on my wife's phone and her's doesn't make the noise. Just in case, i uninstalled it but the noise remains. It's really irritating. I tried turning off bluetooth, edge, wifi, no luck.

rasputinj

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
No update for me. I installed nikotalkie over the weekend. i also installed it on my wife's phone and her's doesn't make the noise. Just in case, i uninstalled it but the noise remains. It's really irritating. I tried turning off bluetooth, edge, wifi, no luck.
it is a shielding problem, you can put metal like tin foil around it and that might fix it, turn it to airplane mode and the noise will disappear. There is no fix for it, it is a GSM thing.

niko99

Oct 9, 2007
Did you try the update?

Hi there!

Did you try the updates? We have posted 2 updates since last weekend. More information about Nikotalkie you can find on http://www.nikotalkie.com

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Yup yup.. pretty common problem with GSM phones, Used to happen ALOT with my Razor, but you learn to keep your phone at least 4 feet away from speakers and stereo receivers.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
the buzzing noise is very annoying especially siince i always keep my phone near my computer. although, the iPhone does it more often and at a greater distance from the speakers than i used to with my old razr.

Are there any kind of speakers available that shield against this kind of interferrence?

Maahu

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
LOL, this used to freak out the guy in the office next to me at work...

My PC speakers were against our common wall, and he always left his cell phone on his desk near the wall on his side. Whenever a call would be coming in, my speakers would make that noise before his phone rang, and I'd yell through the wall: John, answer your phone!

He never figured out how I knew when he would be getting a call. I just told him I was psychic.

Aug 5, 2007
LOL, this used to freak out the guy in the office next to me at work...

My PC speakers were against our common wall, and he always left his cell phone on his desk near the wall on his side. Whenever a call would be coming in, my speakers would make that noise before his phone rang, and I'd yell through the wall: John, answer your phone!

He never figured out how I knew when he would be getting a call. I just told him I was psychic.
If you are talking about the buzz in the actual earpiece not the gsm interference thing.. Yes i have it and it bugs me. I was told it was a plastic membrane on the speaker vibrating. LOL
When it starts to bug me i go to earphones...
BB

DeathBySnuggles

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Tampa, Fl
If you are talking about the buzz in the actual earpiece not the gsm interference thing.. Yes i have it and it bugs me. I was told it was a plastic membrane on the speaker vibrating. LOL
When it starts to bug me i go to earphones...
BB
That's precisely what i'm talking about. and it seems like it just started somewhat recently. It's really irritating. Seems like it's worse on my right side than my left side. maybe it's the metal plate i didn't know i have in my head.