You mail

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Google voice has free transcription, but I don't think it has the same customizable greetings YouMail does. I did like the transcription when I used google voice.
With Google Voice, I can have a separate, personalized voice mail greeting for each and every contact (or group of contacts). So, for my co-workers, I have a separate greeting (more formal). For my peeps, I have another (not-so-formal) greeting. For everyone else, it's a basic, non-evasive greeting. ;)

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I may have to go back and look at Google Voice again. I like what I see above. Do they still have free transcription to text?

TheJustPull

Bronze
Oct 12, 2011
I have google voice but I stopped using it once I switched from Android to iPhone. It's great to use with Android because everything syncs so naturally. Installed YouMail to try it out and seems okay so far. My fiancé doesn't like that it greets her by name haha.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
I have google voice but I stopped using it once I switched from Android to iPhone. It's great to use with Android because everything syncs so naturally. Installed YouMail to try it out and seems okay so far. My fiancé doesn't like that it greets her by name haha.
Using Google Voice on my iPhone is a snap because all my contact are sync'ed with it, along with my calendar. It's optional to have all these in sync–you don't have to.

Sent from my iPad 3