You need an EIC-addiction intervention if...

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
(Strictly for laughs)

1. At any given time, at least 5 of the 8 Safari pages on your iPhone are open to various EIC threads.

2. You know how many times Chris has changed his avatar since he created the EIC website.

3. You secretly take EIC breaks at work.

4. You once called your ISP to report a mail server outage because you have not received a single EIC subscribed thread in the last 30 minutes. Turns out that you are in fact correct about the outage!

5. You know EIC member username "OJIsAKila" and you've had a least one spat with him.

6. Your username is on the "Most users ever online was 12,140, 06-17-2009 at 02:22 PM." list.

7. You know at least 2 EIC members who have never changed their avatar.

8. You are on first name bases with all the Super-moderators, even Kabeyun, who rarely posts!

9. You are usually first to spot and greet new EIC members.

10. You believe the EIC color code deserves to be trademarked just like "Pepto Bismol pink" and you've actually engaged in a heated debate about whether the EIC color is purple, fuchsia or magenta.

11. You have created EIC webclips on at least two display iPhones at AT&T, Apple store, and Bestbuy.

Please feel free to add.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
12. You click the New Posts button so often that it almost always says:
"This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between searches. Please try again in 14 seconds."

Last edited by a moderator:

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
12. You click the New Posts button so often that it almost always says:
"This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between searches. Please try again in 14 seconds."
Does that really happen?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
It doesn't happen when you're a Mod. :cool:

I actually have my EIC toolbar bookmark

So should that be #13?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Rub it in !
I can't tell you how many times a day I get that thing. I usually get it when searching for something, rather than hitting the new posts button.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Most of these apply to me, and im not ashamed to admit it... lol ;)

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
14. You reluctantly take your family on a "no-gadgets" vacation to the middle of no-where and 2 days into your unannounced absence from EIC, the Site Administrator worriedly stickies a thread: "Where in the world is {insert your username}?". The thread gets a thousand hits in the first hour!

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
15. You first broke the news of your engagement, wedding, and the birth of your first child on EIC. Seriously, did we need to see that delivery room video?

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
16. You have over 540 posts in just over 2 months :D
There once was a guy here who made Genius in under a month! He's long been banned for some forum infractions. I think he was using one alias to post and another to thank himself! Unbelieveable!

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
17.) No matter how long you try to stay away, you just keep coming back for more.. (wait what are we talking about again..?)

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
No matter how long you try to stay away, you just keep coming back for more.. (wait what are we talking about again..?)
Do you want to make that #17 so we won't lose track while we make side comments?