You Tube question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sdiphone1

Aug 9, 2007
Is everyone's You Tube video playback kindy grainy... like the picture is playing too large and so the resolution is bad?

iCop

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Tucson, AZ.
Is everyone's You Tube video playback kindy grainy... like the picture is playing too large and so the resolution is bad?
Are you watching videos over an EDGE connection? If so your videos are usually poor quality. Try viewing them over a wifi connection. I bet this is the problem.

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
I don't know if you guys saw but utube on computer has more content then iPhone u tube i can find more things on computer then iPhone any idea why?

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
The reason all youtube content is not available is the iPhone requires a fairly new video format (h.264 or some such). Most youtube content is not available in that format, yet. New stuff is being added and some old stuff is being converted every day.

Kentucky

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
RE the You tube video choices :
Do ya think it just might be that ATT might have a 'lock' on certain ones , especially large , bandwidth time consuming ones to keep we iPhoners from 'hogging' the Edge airwaves to make sure the 'big money accounts, ie the Blackberry toting lawyers, senators, doctors , brokers, etc. etc don't get peed?!?!
I've noticed too that during late at night and weekend sat./sun. etc. times that my signal strength 'bars ' where I'm at goes down 2-3 bars compared to a weekday during businesss hours. I can only think the reason is that they may be turning off/shutting down towers to save money. I get the full bar amount during the weekday from exactly the the same spot ! hmm..m.mm. !?