Youngbinks, this is for you!

H

Hayesimus

from the bottom of my heart. ENJOY. :p

232323232323.jpg

this was taken on the step of my front door. I was scared to leave the house!

S

Starry

GROSS! I HATE spiders.. *shiver* URGH URGH... *blecky*!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
That thing is DISGUSTING! I knew as soon as I saw the thread title what it was and I'm not even kidding, my entire body got covered by goosebumps. I don't understand how that thing's body is that fat, it's unnatural.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
actually, i think it is quite natural.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
That thing is DISGUSTING! I knew as soon as I saw the thread title what it was and I'm not even kidding, my entire body got covered by goosebumps. I don't understand how that thing's body is that fat, it's unnatural.
It's natural for a spider! Who knows what spiders might be thinking of us? Some of them exhibit behaviors that seem al lot smarter than insects.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I must have had some terrifying experience with spiders as a kid and just repressed the memory. I can handle ALL other insects with no problems. Snakes? Love them. I enjoy heights and flying and small spaces make me comfortable. I've asked my mother numerous times what happened to me as a child with a spider but she can't specifically remember anything. My grandmother is also deathly afraid of spiders, I believe a bit more so than me in fact.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
For some people, arachnophobia has a strong genetic component, as demonstrated by studies of infants and identical twins. Probably comes from some of our distant ancestors millions of years ago, when fear of spiders was a good trait for survival.
A scary exposure in childhood is not necessary, although finding yourself in a dark closet with hundred of spiders crawling on you wouldn't help!

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Spiders don't bother me. Whenever I find them I help them outside.

However, I'm not a fan of heights - though flying doesn't scare me...

H

Hayesimus

my earliest memory is of my mom and I viewing a house and the realtor opened the hallway closet and BAM giant spider crawls up wall...

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
my earliest memory is of my mom and I viewing a house and the realtor opened the hallway closet and BAM giant spider crawls up wall...
How old were you? I have memories going as far back as when I was 6 months of age, confirmed by my Mom (including the color of the floor in some places we visited). Nothing traumatic, though. I was a lucky kid. I have theories about why I grew up to be whoever I am (genes, genes plus environment). Can't do anything about the genes.

Here's a good off topic subject: what were your first memories?