your 5 most wanted app upgrades

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
what are the 5 apps youd love to be included in the next firmware upgrade or with the SDK release? just to see where everyone else is at.

mine would be:

1. bluetooth file transfer

2. video recording (along with other camera functions)

3. MMS

4. a native IM app (although I am pretty happy with using jivetalk so far)

5. copy-paste

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
Wow you pretty much hit the nail on the head with those. Those would probably be my top 5 too. Also a "find" feature for websites with lots of text when you are trying to find something specific.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Also a "find" feature for websites with lots of text when you are trying to find something specific.
you know, i have to agree with you on that as i have also noticed that especially on really long pages, you have to keep scrolling with your finger and it takes forever to get to the bottom of the screen. i kinda wish you could just take your finger and use the scroll bar the the side of the screen like you could on a normal computer.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
yes scrolling on that bar would be nice too.

The camera really surprised me when i first got the phone. With as much awesome media and editing programs the mac has you would think that video record would definitely be on the iPhone.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
The camera really surprised me when i first got the phone. With as much awesome media and editing programs the mac has you would think that video record would definitely be on the iPhone.
right? and especially since it has a pretty good camera, about 5X better than my last phone

Sep 26, 2007
Oh! Here's something the phone is missing, the ability to look up an address in maps if someone texts or emails it to you. This would also be great for addresses on the internet. If you could just tap the address and it opened in maps.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
you know, something that i had thought about before and i know will be really useful especially for those of you who have a lot of songs. somekind of search feature would be nice, like they have on iTunes. if you don't remember the whole name of a song or something, just type part of it and it comes up

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Oh! Here's something the phone is missing, the ability to look up an address in maps if someone texts or emails it to you. This would also be great for addresses on the internet. If you could just tap the address and it opened in maps.
I always thought turn by turn in the maps program being able to send as a text would be good. My wife was in Vegas and asked for directions somewhere. Would have been so nice to say "text on the way!".

Search
Flash
MMS
C&P
voice dialing (maybe hold the home button for 4 seconds and it asks for a name?)
Bluetooth that works with more devices. My BT headset does not work, I will not buy a new one out of principle.

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
what are the 5 apps youd love to be included in the next firmware upgrade or with the SDK release? just to see where everyone else is at.

mine would be:

1. bluetooth file transfer

2. video recording (along with other camera functions)

3. MMS

4. a native IM app (although I am pretty happy with using jivetalk so far)

5. copy-paste
I would love to be able to sync my phone wirelessly with Bluetooth. This corded syncing is crazy in this day and age.

kwan

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Wow you pretty much hit the nail on the head with those. Those would probably be my top 5 too. Also a "find" feature for websites with lots of text when you are trying to find something specific.
This already exists. Safari Add-on Features from iSpazio Apps