Your first WOW moment w/iPhone

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
Too bad nextel sucks almost as bad a AT&T ....;)

I never had a nextel phone that could do anything close to my iPhone and if it is so good why you still here w/ us fools ..:p
i like the iPhone i really do AFTER hacking it...but it does not do a lot i need it to directly out of the box and that is a bit of an understatement...the reason im still hanging around with you fools is because i expect it to be better with the release of the sdk and hope it will be plus im locked into a 2 year contract and canceled my nextel so yeah...im stuck really but i would stay anyone i like you fools lol

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
another wow... I just got free ringtones to work through iTunes and windows YESSSSS
yeah-yeah-yeah...go ahead and boast...free ringtones wont wrk fa me...i gotota Mac...LOL...

...my other WOW moment was the google maps feature...excellent!

roblawton

Oct 16, 2007
yeah-yeah-yeah...go ahead and boast...free ringtones wont wrk fa me...i gotota Mac...LOL...

...my other WOW moment was the google maps feature...excellent!
I use a mac with iTunes 7.5 - and my own custom ringtones are adding no problem at all...

Just convert the mp3 to aac.

Then rename to .m4r - add to iTunes, et voila!

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I use a mac with iTunes 7.5 - and my own custom ringtones are adding no problem at all...

Just convert the mp3 to aac.

Then rename to .m4r - add to iTunes, et voila!
whaaaat?!...hold on now...when i go to music and choose a mp3 and select conver to ringtone i get this msg saying' that i have to choose a mp3 from the store...even when i choose a mp3 that i purchased from the store i still have pay .99 just to edit it?...uh is there somethn i'm missn here

roblawton

Oct 16, 2007
Drag the mp3 from iTunes to your desktop...
Or have an mp3 you've already created ready.

Convert to aac using Garageband or anything else.

Then change the file extension to .m4r

Copy it to iTunes, and it'll appear in your Ringtones section :laugh2:

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Mine came about a month after I bought the phone and I went on a weekend vacation and used just about every function on the phone. All the way from Google maps to internet to calls. It was incredible. Second to that was when I was on a plane and was watching movies in like perfect clarity.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Drag the mp3 from iTunes to your desktop...
Or have an mp3 you've already created ready.

Convert to aac using Garageband or anything else.

Then change the file extension to .m4r

Copy it to iTunes, and it'll appear in your Ringtones section :laugh2:
oh ok...i'm going to try that when i get to my Mac...ah man is it that simple?...thanks for the tip!

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Mine came about a month after I bought the phone and I went on a weekend vacation and used just about every function on the phone. All the way from Google maps to internet to calls. It was incredible. Second to that was when I was on a plane and was watching movies in like perfect clarity.

ah man i dig it, i dig it!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
settling bar bets first by firing up/typing into google faster than anyone else is pretty fun, too...

Of course, so is drinking, so perhaps I'm confusing the two...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Alright, I just got another one for the first time... with visual voicemail.

I just placed a couple service requests out on servicemagic.com, and I'm having all these contractors calling me back at the same time. The visual voicemail allows me to keep their messages associated with their numbers in order to help keep it all straight. It really makes a difference!

Mr Chuckles

Jul 13, 2007
The first few hours after activatation was one big WOW moment. But after that I would have to say when I was entering in my friends' contact info, I accidentally hit the filled in address field and it took me straight to Google Maps, zoomed in, and pinned my friend's place on the map. Damn impressive feature that wasn't advertised.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Alright, I just got another one for the first time... with visual voicemail.

I just placed a couple service requests out on servicemagic.com, and I'm having all these contractors calling me back at the same time. The visual voicemail allows me to keep their messages associated with their numbers in order to help keep it all straight. It really makes a difference!
yeah i must say the visual voicemail gets the big WOW! ...it doesn't take away from your minutes...WOW!

astrolux

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Whenever I take it out of the case to clean it. I think "WOW" then I have to but it back into that ugly case...