your gonna laugh

gamedude9742

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
USA
ok so my phone broke, lost service, and turned on and off on its own... almost like it were possessed. So i did a restore and it worked perfectly, only problem is i had cydia and all the installer and settings apps in catagories, so they are hidden and now i cant access them after my rejailbreak of 2.2. im so lost please help me lol

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
That's why I won't jailbreak my iPhone...I did that on my V1....

Anyway, I don't understand your question!? You have your Cydia, Installer and settings in Categories? ....and now there are hidden!...oh yes - I'm laughing out loud!....;)

Okay - an restore on the iPhone and the re-jailbreak won't remember your settings in Cydia or Installer. You'll have to re-enter all these sources etc.

gamedude9742

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
USA
i just did a restore and instead of using old settings i set up as new phone and my icons are back lol. the main gist of it was if i used diskaid to access the iPhone files, i could see the cydia app files but not the cydia icon. i put the cydia icon and others into a menu i created with catagories. poof and catagories work together so that when it is in a menu from catagories it hides it from the main screen, so you only see in that menu. so there for the menu didn't show cause poof and catagories were not reinstalled yet. but i couldnt see cydia cause cydia still had old hide settings... that make any sense at all?

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
If you go in and reinstall cetegories and then create the ale folder you had the apps in that are missing they will re-appear when you go to add to that file.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
i just did a restore and instead of using old settings i set up as new phone and my icons are back lol. the main gist of it was if i used diskaid to access the iPhone files, i could see the cydia app files but not the cydia icon. i put the cydia icon and others into a menu i created with catagories. poof and catagories work together so that when it is in a menu from catagories it hides it from the main screen, so you only see in that menu. so there for the menu didn't show cause poof and catagories were not reinstalled yet. but i couldnt see cydia cause cydia still had old hide settings... that make any sense at all?
LOL...dude....anyway, if it works for you - it's great!

gamedude9742

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
USA
lmfao i got it working and its all set now. thanks for the insight guys :)