your home screen

Faralon

Jan 14, 2008
I watched the video on the updates on Apple's site, if you want to try and make the Web Clip icon look better, zoom in a spot on the site that you think would better fit the look of the icon, then set it as a web clip. it'll take the zoom'd in screen.

I have pretty much all my bookmarks in some fashion on various home screens.

I've griped about the appearance of the icons in other threads. Y'all know what's wrong with it... I'll get over it...

But I also wish that they didn't auto-arrange to the left and top. It would be nice to make home screens with icons around the edge to better display your wallpaper (I'm thinking about that Jessica Alba thread...)

Oh right. It would be nice to have wallpaper behind those icons, too :p

Last edited by a moderator:

iPhoneJones

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
I watched the video on the updates on Apple's site, if you want to try and make the Web Clip icon look better, zoom in a spot on the site that you think would better fit the look of the icon, then set it as a web clip. it'll take the zoom'd in screen.
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I did notice that it won't work for iPhone formatted sites like Digg and Facebook though because you can't zoom on those.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
I did all kinds of stuff. Moved stocks and iTunes to the third page cause I never use them. Rearranged some stuff on the first page. Put SMS where mail was on the bottom. And my second page consists of about 8 or 9 links and my email.

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
does anyone know if we will ever be able to use our own pic with the new links? i have added a few, but don't like the look of the icon....

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I noticed that the webclip will go to the exact point of the webpage that you were orig looking at, even if it is down at the botm.

Pennys

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
Thanks! This was very helpful, I hated the look of some of my new icons.

Pennys

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
does anyone understand this article? I guess im too computer illiterate...I need the "how to for dummies" version!

I'm with you, I need an easier step by step method. I still don't understand how to make custom ringtones though so I am sure it is me. :oops: And yes I have tried with instruction found on these forums, didn't work for me.

AWY

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
California
I moved the iTunes icon to a 5th page and added Google, Dictionary.com, Weather Channel, and ChaCha to my home page.