Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable

Discussion in 'iPhone 3GS' started by Zoe Fursman, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Zoe Fursman

Zoe Fursman New Member

Hi guys, i got given an iPhone a few months back, before the 5.1 update. At the time, i was on Three network and the phone was Orange so I jailbroke it and unlocked it myself, which involved resetting the baseband to iPad. Then when the iOS 5.1 came out, I got sick to death of the tethered jailbreak and so decided to restore my phone to it's former glory and get an Orange sim card, forgetting about the iPad baseband. Now, whenever I try to activate the phone I am getting this message...
    "Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a few minutes.
    If this problem persists, contact Apple Support at Apple.com/support"
    I have done everything mentioned in that except call them, which im trying to put off for as long as possible. Any ideas?

2. snowtrooper1966

Gold

I had my 3GS on the iPad baseband and did a restore before I sold it and got the 4S. Did not have that issue.
    Do you have another SIM u can try?