Your Opinion On Crashes

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
Do you guys think its a software issue or that poor little processor cant keep up with all the new stuff going on (3G, 2.0, apps & MM) I honestly feel its more of a hardware issues. Why didn't APPLE beef up the processor just a smidget knowing that 3G has more stuff going on than v1?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Do you guys think its a software issue or that poor little processor cant keep up with all the new stuff going on (3G, 2.0, apps & MM) I honestly feel its more of a hardware issues. Why didn't APPLE beef up the processor just a smidget knowing that 3G has more stuff going on than v1?
IMO, it's the software.

Can anyone, if anyone has, downgraded their 3G to 1.1.4, can they chime in and tell us how its running?

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
yes seems pretty random on the application, usually 3rd party ones such as AIM, SportsTap when I use them fora while or keep opening/closing them. Happened this morning, but still pretty new. Figure when apps rollout their v1.1 and such or Apple releases an update, quite a few things could be fixed.

ibTom

Bronze
Mar 21, 2008
People with v1 phones who upgraded to 2.0 said they noticed the phone lagging and freezing issues. It seems to be a software related issue. It would suck if its hardware and Apple has to recall/fix all those phones. Wouldn't make for happy customers.

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
People with v1 phones who upgraded to 2.0 said they noticed the phone lagging and freezing issues. It seems to be a software related issue. It would suck if its hardware and Apple has to recall/fix all those phones. Wouldn't make for happy customers.
Lord, if they did that Apple needs to make sure their store sales people have bullett proof vests...it didn't look to safe for them at the Apple store when I was there the other day! LOL!

Mine has shut off and restarted on it's own a few times since I got it on Sat...so who knows what that's about. It even did it while I was on the phone. It happened mostly when I was opening an RSS reader...so I deleted that to see if that was the problem...we'll see.

Jul 21, 2008
google app crashes on my 3G - and when transferring the link to safari, often after loading the link, safari crashes.

Seems like it is random and not related to a particular URL

Safari seems to be the most frequent in crashing. Other apps that access data a lot like newsreaders when on 3G , also tend to kill the app.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
im sure they will issue and update pretty soon to fix the bugs and crashes.. it really sucks when i try to run an application and it either goes back to home screen or reboots.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Software. Happens on my 2G 2.0 and my 3G 2.0. Never happened this much/this badly on the 2G 1.1.4.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I don't have any more crashes now than I did with 1.x firmware... even then, I don't have them often at all.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I have iPhone v1 running 2.0 and I have had all types of problems. My phone crashes frequently throughout the day. I think it's getting worst everyday. My signal strength has also diminished to almost nothing. I have never had so many missed calls, before downloading 2.0. I am truly disappointed....Mark

BTW: I think it is most certainly a software issue.

jnowaczyk

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Michigan
www.gsmunlockonline.com
well we all seem to have these problems ... maybe we should all do a return on the same day and see what there response would be. make it public get the news involved... National iPhone V2 Return Day .... August 1 2008

Who's IN ?

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
well we all seem to have these problems ... maybe we should all do a return on the same day and see what there response would be. make it public get the news involved... National iPhone V2 Return Day .... August 1 2008

Who's IN ?
well, even if I did have the 3g already, I wouldn't go and return it for a minor software issue....

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I have noticed more crashes, or freezing/unresponsive/slow to respond screen problems since I put the new software on my v1. I think Apple will come out with a software update that will fix these things.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I am very very very happy to be on a 1.1.4 jailbreak right now.

I will wait till things are fixed. 2.0 sounds fun, but miserable right now.

I hope the crashing thing can be fixed... it's hard to pinpoint the problem with third party apps in the mix.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Yeah, iPhone crashes can make one's blood boil to the point of mutiny and "lootiny". Seriously though, I kind of expect and accept the reported problems as 2.0's teething pains - it will get better. Not that I can relate that well since I haven't made the plunge yet.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Wow, that sucks guys.

A buddy at work had problems with crashing with the pre-release 2.0. When the formal release came out, he hasn't had any problems.

I still haven't had any problems. I've had applications (Photobucket) crash, and games like Tetris crash, but my phone rarely crashes.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm starting to realize that folks who didn't do the early upgrade are having much fewer issues than those that did. And a lot of us did.

If you did the early upgrade, I would restore as a new device to the firmware currently offered through iTunes.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I'm starting to realize that folks who didn't do the early upgrade are having much fewer issues than those that did. And a lot of us did.

If you did the early upgrade, I would restore as a new device to the firmware currently offered through iTunes.
This is exactly what I have been thinking. After reading several days worth of post about this, it seems most prevalent in the people that did the early upgrade. I waited and have some lag problems, but that is about it.