Your Peeps' ringtones!

H

Hayesimus

So let's see how this goes. Name off your regular Peeps and what ringtone you have selected for them. And if you would like, a tiny description of why that song applies or something.

K

here goes...

My best friend from highschool, Abhor(Amber)-My Sharona.
We used to ride around in her oldsmobile and that was the only tape she had so we played it over and over.

One of my current best friends, Adambong(Adam)-Cantina Band from Star Wars.
He likes Star Wars and he has a quirky personality so it fits.

A dear friend that I used to work with, Amy-Sober
It seems like the entire time we worked together, if I got drunk I always ended up calling her and talking to her even if it was 3 in the morning(not a booty call I swear!)

Old highschool friend I worked with, Andre(Andrea)-The Middle
We both loved Jimmy Eat World and that has always been her ringtone since real ringtones became possible.

Aunt Grace-Ms. Pacman
Its her all time favorite game!

My sis-Thriller
She's a big MJ fan.

My best friend, Dex(Dexter)-Friends O' Mine
The clip is,"Well, it was ugly but we made it this far. Some have gone but i forget who they are..." That means something to me because we kinda had a falling out for a couple months a year and a half ago and it was probably the worst 2 months ever without hm at my side. :( :D

My buddy, Don-Copacabana
His contact picture is of him at halloween when he dressed up as a princess. so... "Her name is Lola, she was a showgirl..." seemed like a perfect fit! :D

My roomie, Fossimus(Anne)-A recording of her laugh...

NEED I SAY MORE!?!?!

My buddy, Kirt-Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
He calls enough and I like that song a lot and its hard to pick a ringtone that works for a guy calling another guy...

My buddy, Matt-Super Mario Bros.
One of my favorite ringtones for a great friend.

Mom-Not Ready To Make Nice
"I'm not ready to make nice, I'm not ready to back down. I'm still mad as hell and I don't have time to go round and round and round. Its to late to make it right and I probably wouldn't if I could. Cause I'm mad as hell can't bring myself to do what it is you think I should." If you know about my situation with my mom, you know how appropriate this is. :p

My ol' drinking partner, Rock L.(Rachel)-Dance Dance
When we drink, we dance dance. :p

My favorite EX, Stace(Stacey)-Grapevine
A song about her and another guy. She bounced back and forth from me and this other guy and eventually married him.

And my buddy from work, Topher(Chris)-Just Lose It
We always tease him saying he likes boys. And the lyrics are,"Now I'm gonna make you dance, it's your chance, yeah boy shake that ass. Oops I mean girl, girl, girl, girl..." :p

K that's all. Your turn.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
My stepmother - Old Phone

My son - In The Presense Of Enemies

My Ex-Employer - an alarm sound mixed with Lost in Space robot saying, "Warning! Warning!" and "Danger, Will Robinson!"

My brother - CTU ringtone from 24

My sister - Robot Chicken closing credits

My niece Katie - evil slashing knife sound from Psycho.

My brother-in-law George - George Bush ringtone (by Frank Caliendo)

My nephew Erik - John Madden ringtone (by Frank Caliendo)

My niece Christina - Guitar solo from Manhattan Transfer's "Twilight Tone."

Everyone else - Silence

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
My Best Friend (Justin) -- Glory Days

We refer to our time together in college as our "Glory Days" and we picked that song in our senior year to be "our song." 8 years later, it still is "our song."

My Ex (Brian) -- The Godfather Waltz

We are still very good friends, so he gets a ringtone thats not mean. While he is VERY Irish, he tries to be The Godfather and he loves the movies, hence the ringtone.

My sis (Diana) -- Here Comes the Sun

She made me this ringtone right after I got my iPhone.

My Mom -- Scarlet Ribbons

When I was little my mom would sing this song to me to put me to sleep. It was my lullabye.

My Dad -- Video Killed the Radio Star

When I was little, my dad would pick me up and dance me around the family room to this song. Eventually, if I ever get married, this will be the song I dance with him to at my wedding. This song and that memory means more to me than some sappy song I just picked for the day.

Everyone Else: Currently it's Only the Good Die Young, but it changes often.

:)

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
Ms. Coasts - Divided Sky, Phish: reminds me of some of the best times of my life

The Family - Anonymous Skulls, MMW: haunting sound that instills fear in me every time i hear it

Work - 9-5ers Anthem, Aesop Rock: "we the American working population..."

Everyone else - Sunday Morning, Velvet Underground: just a great song that i'm always glad to hear.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
My family- Family Guy theme song

Work- Psycho theme

Roommate- Copacabana by Barry Manilow

Really short friend (Caro)- Oompa Loompa Song

Other friend (Fabiana)- Day N Nite by Kid Cudi

Friend (Gio)- I'm a G by Yung Joc

Friend (Reed)- Electric Feel by MGMT

Friend (Melissa)- Yodeling (we call her Swiss)

I have a ton more but those are the ones that immediately stuck out.

My default changes almost daily. As of right now it is Relax by Mika.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Great topic, Hayes! Here's a shortened list of mine:

Friend Tex (on this forum) - The hook from this song (NSFW):

... because Tex looks exactly like Mike O'Connell

My sisters (3) - Henry Mancini "Baby Elephant Walk" ... they all have kids

Work - Ted Nugent "Bang on De Drum All Day" ... because "iiiiiiiii don't wanna work..."

My boss's cell - Kris Kross "Jump" ... the part where they say "i'm the miggity miggity miggity miggity mack daddy".... because he's my boss and he actually mixed that song :)

Various clients - their own music

Wife - The Beatles "Something" ... because I'm a wuss.

Friend Ann - Beach Boys "Surfer Girl"... she surfs

Friend Mere - Dr. Demento "Boot to the head" ... old joke

Friend Stan - Herb Alpert "Whipped Cream" ... you have to meet him

Mom - Scissor Sisters "Take Out Mama" ... too funny...

Regular ringtone - The Gorillaz "Dirty Harry" ... because that is one baaaadass track.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
mine is always on mute with the vibrate on. i prefer to know when i'm getting a call without anyone else knowing... for various reasons.

and it's always in my pocket. Unless i'm sleeping... in which case i wouldn't want to hear it anyway.

H

Hayesimus

i use the ringtones because I don't wanna have to pull out my phone every time i get a random call. if its a ringtone i'm familiar with then i know its important.

Dave, I had a best friend/roommate once that I used Baby Elephant for his ringtone. Unfortunately he has made himself scarce over he past 5 years without telling me why so I don't even have is number anymore. :(