Your thoughts on the 16g iPhone.

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I was in an Apple store the other night and was shocked to see that they have come out with a 16g iPhone. My head must have been in the sand! I had no idea. Anyway, both Apple and AT&T told me that there are no "deals" in trading in your 8g on a 16g. What are your thoughts on this 16g anyway? With letting third party applications write software now for the iPhone, instead of coming out with a second generation iPhone is Apple going to let thrid party applications take care of applications like faster internet speeds, GPS, picture text messaging, etc? I am just not sure what Apple's thoughts are.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
my thoughts on it are that i wish i had it... that is it.. i have a 4 gig at the moment...

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
I think the same of it as the other iPhones.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I cant imagine what thoughts to have other than its the same form factor; just bigger internally.

Classick

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
I don't know what I'd do with the extra 8 gigs, but I still want them.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
They are still coming out with iPhone version 2 this year along with a software update in june. Apple is treating this phone like a computer. You can install software etc, and you just buy different hardware so you have more storage, faster processor, etc.

jlhollander

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
Those extra 8 gigs are there to help you unravel all of the secrets of the universe... 42... and to put a ridiculous ammount of movies on...

It's nice to have. I have 2600 songs on mine now and still have 2.5GB free. It will also be nice to be able to buy some apps and not have to compromise music space for app space, 16GB is allot.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
With letting third party applications write software now for the iPhone, instead of coming out with a second generation iPhone is Apple going to let thrid party applications take care of applications like faster internet speeds, GPS, picture text messaging, etc? I am just not sure what Apple's thoughts are.
Well i think of it as being the perfect size. I have an 8 gb and though i have plenty of space left on it (because i've left the music off and have my ipod for music), if i had the 16 i'd use my iPhone as my sole music player. For me, i'm fine with the 8gb because i don't mind having my music on my ipod, but for those tech junkies who need the all-in-one device i think the 16 gb is perfect. 32 would just be huge.

As for version two, we don't really know whats going to come. There is definently going to be a version two, they announced there would be. I don't think any of the third party applications written with the SDK will give us faster Internet speeds and fixes like that. I think only hardware changes can do that.

phred26

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
Oakville, ON, Canada
i really wish i had the 16gb, i thought the 8 would be enough but i have 10gb of music on my laptop so i cant have all my songs on my iPhone, and i love my music, i haven't even touched my 30gb ipod since i got my iPhone, so i need that extra space cause whats the point of carrying around two ipods?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Would love nothing more than to have more memory space. Ive got 8 right now and it just doesn't cut it.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Would love nothing more than to have more memory space. Ive got 8 right now and it just doesn't cut it.
I have half a gig of other on my phone and I have NO idea what it is. Now THAT sucks. Also my music is starting to take over a lot of space aswell.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I feel even the 16 gig is too small for me, so im holding out for the 32.
Im an audiobook junkie and they eat up about a half a gig a book, along with my music and videos im syncing often to keep material circulating.
So im hoping version 2 will have the needed space that works for me.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Huh?

They are still coming out with iPhone version 2 this year along with a software update in june. Apple is treating this phone like a computer. You can install software etc, and you just buy different hardware so you have more storage, faster processor, etc.
Apple didn't announce a new version of the iPhone. The company announced a software update in June.

Everyone expects a new phone, but no one at Apple said it would happen in June.

electoman

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The rumor around AT&T is that there will be a 3G iPhone this summer. I am holding out for that. But, if I get the Exchange Activesync on this one, I might just hold out even longer. Push email without the BES, loving that. WM6, Palm Centro and now iPhone.

Super.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I feel even the 16 gig is too small for me, so im holding out for the 32.
Im an audiobook junkie and they eat up about a half a gig a book, along with my music and videos im syncing often to keep material circulating.
So im hoping version 2 will have the needed space that works for me.
I'm also an audiobook junkie, and I have at least 300 books that were all stored on my 80GB iPod. With the iPhone and Touch, I have to pick carefuly what I wanted loaded at the time because I can carry them all.

The majority of my book are the unabridged version- audible has gotten a lot of my money. :p

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I was in an Apple store the other night and was shocked to see that they have come out with a 16g iPhone. My head must have been in the sand! I had no idea. Anyway, both Apple and AT&T told me that there are no "deals" in trading in your 8g on a 16g. What are your thoughts on this 16g anyway? With letting third party applications write software now for the iPhone, instead of coming out with a second generation iPhone is Apple going to let thrid party applications take care of applications like faster internet speeds, GPS, picture text messaging, etc? I am just not sure what Apple's thoughts are.

yeah man, the 16g took a lot of people by surprised...but don't be shocked...trust me Apple know what they're doin'...storage medium is the most important thing about the 16g...same featrs as the 8g, the only difference is the storage medium, and with the upcoming app store, we're gonna need all the storage medium we can get...

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
No real thoughts, its exactly the same as the 8gig but more memory. I personally love it because the 8gig was to small for me now I have my content and and a little room for SDK apps.