YouTube broken on modded/unlocked 1.1.1 iPhone

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I don't know if it was the modding or the unlocking that did it but YouTube doesn't work and says "You must first connect to iTunes with an Internet connection to enable YouTube."

I DO have a guide to fix it but it is just a tad too complicated for my feeble mind: http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11391

Is anyone having a similar problem and does anyone have a solution or simpler guide? (I'm on a PC by the way.)

EDIT: I found an easy fix. I just deleted the 1.1.1 youtube and uploaded the 1.0.2 version to my 1.1.1 iPhone, set its permissions to 0755, and then ran PACAY's easy YouTube fix. This was so much easier than anything else I've read and I came up with it on my own. I swear, some of these hackers take the hardest route just to show off.

So.... I don't except anyone to post in this thread, but I thought I'd leave my thoughts here for anyone who might have similar problems in the future :)

GridX

Oct 24, 2007
I have an unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone, and youtube doesn't work. I read about the pacay package, but it says that i must unactive (restore my iPhone to an unactivated state before running activate.bat)

what would happen if I just ran activate.bat on my already activated and unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone?

would that fix youtube?

is that what youdid? your phone was already activated and unlocked and you just ran activate.bat? and youtube worked?

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I have an unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone, and youtube doesn't work. I read about the pacay package, but it says that i must unactive (restore my iPhone to an unactivated state before running activate.bat)

what would happen if I just ran activate.bat on my already activated and unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone?

would that fix youtube?

is that what youdid? your phone was already activated and unlocked and you just ran activate.bat? and youtube worked?
If you have a mac and use iNdependence it auto fixes the youtube when activating on both v1.02 & v1.1.1

ilikeimac

Oct 29, 2007
This seems to work

I too was getting the message "You must first connect to iTunes with an Internet connection to enable YouTube." I deactivated my iPhone using iNdependence then let iTunes reactivate it. I've since noticed a post on another forum (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=374398) that reports success with this method too.

Prior to that I was getting a different message from the YouTube app ("couldn't connect to server" or something like that) and I deactivated and re-activated with iNdependence, which got me the new error ("You must first connect to iTunes...").