YouTube comments

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
Something I've been thinking about that would be really great to add on a future firmware is being able to comment and read other comments through the youtube button.. B/c there are soo many times that I watch something and wish I could leave something about it... This of course would have u signing on to your account. Maybe there could be a sighn in button on the top right..

Discuss!=)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I highly agree. In my opinion, the YouTube app is a very poorly put together one. No comments, no ratings, you can't even read the entire video description.

If video recording is ever adding, an awesome feature would be uploading videos from the iPhone.

- John

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
The whole thing about youtube are it's comments. They are typically what lead you to more of the content you're after.

What we have on the iPhone is youtube minus the whole web 2.0 experience that has made it the social phenomenon it has become.

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
^^ yes thats exactly my point.. I love watching the videos and commenting especialy since I subscribe to youtube for special things. How much better could it be if a log in system was made..with a subscriptions tabb as well

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
having comments, rating and signing in would make it a better app. I hope they'll include this in a future update.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
The whole thing about youtube are it's comments. They are typically what lead you to more of the content you're after.

What we have on the iPhone is youtube minus the whole web 2.0 experience that has made it the social phenomenon it has become.
You make a good point. Just the other day, I was on Youtube watching an old Howard Jones video, "Everlasting Love." Someone commented that the tune reminded the poster of Go West's "King of Wishful Thinking." That was a tune I hadn't thought about in years, and I bought both tunes from Amazon.

This isn't a post about my musical tastes, either...:)