YouTube - Edge vs WiFi

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

epic

Jul 8, 2007
New Jersey
So I just noticed after coming home from my parents house the YouTube quality when using Edge versus WiFi. My parents don't have an internet connection and i was showing off the iPhone to them tonight. I noticed the video quality was pixelated at their house. I played the same video when I got home on a WiFi connection, and it looked 100% better...

I don't understand why it would do that. Even though the Edge is a significantly slower connection, I wouldn't mind waiting an extra minute or so for the better quality. Especially if I am showing off the phone to a first timer....

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
So I just noticed after coming home from my parents house the YouTube quality when using Edge versus WiFi. My parents don't have an internet connection and i was showing off the iPhone to them tonight. I noticed the video quality was pixelated at their house. I played the same video when I got home on a WiFi connection, and it looked 100% better...

I don't understand why it would do that. Even though the Edge is a significantly slower connection, I wouldn't mind waiting an extra minute or so for the better quality. Especially if I am showing off the phone to a first timer....
Yeah, I noticed the same thing. The quality was TERRIBLE on EDGE, but it was as if it was in HD on WiFi.

dietPEPSI

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Yeah id glady just wait another minute or two for it to load in higher quality....

o well....

AND CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHEN IM GONNA GET ALL OF THE VIDEOS? Every single one of the youtube videos i want to watch isn't on there...

When is it gonna have all of them?

spazzman90

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Yeah,

And a lot of the videos are in stereo over WiFi as well, which irritates me because I can't get them in stereo on my PC. (Put on your headphones).

What's up with that?

-Jeff

hiwind

Jul 1, 2007
i noticed that as well, some of the tubes sound much better on the iPhone! maybee the EQ has something to do with it?