YouTube inactive now..?

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I don't understand this whole sporadic youtube issue, either. Maybe it's a server thing? I'm about 200 miles from you and had the same problem tonight. Seems to be happening more and more frequently. Assuming 90% of the youtube watching is being done via wifi, it shouldn't be an ATT issue. I have noticed that if you keep tapping the same video over and over it will usually work eventually.

g33k1

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
San Antonio Tx
I don't understand this whole sporadic youtube issue, either. Maybe it's a server thing? I'm about 200 miles from you and had the same problem tonight. Seems to be happening more and more frequently. Assuming 90% of the youtube watching is being done via wifi, it shouldn't be an ATT issue. I have noticed that if you keep tapping the same video over and over it will usually work eventually.
good to know I just ran into this issue today but I only tried a few videos so I didn't know it was a widespread problem

Air

Oct 14, 2007
I thought my not being able to play Youtube videos was a side-effect result of my using jailbreakme.com last night. I just did a Restore too haha.

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Maybe this has something to do with it?
YouTube will be undergoing scheduled maintenance starting around 10:00 pm PDT.

Been noticing sporadic performance on edge all day. Wifi works fine though. Seems fishy.

g33k1

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
San Antonio Tx
Maybe this has something to do with it?
YouTube will be undergoing scheduled maintenance starting around 10:00 pm PDT.

Been noticing sporadic performance on edge all day. Wifi works fine though. Seems fishy.
that might explain it, but it was around lunch time when i was having problems

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Wasn't there a thread recently saying they were pulling all the copyrighted material? I guess music vids and such? Maybe their in the process of doing this and have to shut it down for a certain time to do it...dunno, just something I thought of...;)

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I have had these issues from day one. A handful of videos play fine, but the majority I have tried just cut off a few seconds in. And this is also with WiFi. I've never bothered trying it on EDGE since I can't get reliable performance on WiFi. OJsakila's comment of 10% sounds about right for my results, hence, I don't even bother with it anymore-not worth it.