YouTube integration lost!

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Guys,

Not sure what it was that I installed (maybe nothing) but I can no longer get Safari to auto-jump to YouTube anymore. IE: If you open a http://www.yoube.com/watch?v= type link it should normally just jump to the YouTube widget and open the video.

No more :)

It opens in Safari, complete with comments. Where the video should be, I see the browser complain that I don't have the most recent Flash player.

Can other folks confirm?
I have installed:
SSH (with ALL of binkit)
NES
Terminal
LightsOff
VRecord

All my apps work fine.
YouTube works fine too.
Haven't lost other linkage, like address book to google maps, for example...

Anyone else see this? :)

SiLeNtKiLLa

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta
Guys,

Not sure what it was that I installed (maybe nothing) but I can no longer get Safari to auto-jump to YouTube anymore. IE: If you open a http://www.yoube.com/watch?v= type link it should normally just jump to the YouTube widget and open the video.

No more :)

It opens in Safari, complete with comments. Where the video should be, I see the browser complain that I don't have the most recent Flash player.

Can other folks confirm?
I have installed:
SSH (with ALL of binkit)
NES
Terminal
LightsOff
VRecord

All my apps work fine.
YouTube works fine too.
Haven't lost other linkage, like address book to google maps, for example...

Anyone else see this? :)
WOW...never even knew this was capable of doing this...will test it out too see....

Ok...just tested, and it doesn't go to youtube.app it just tells me I need java on and latest flashplayer

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Could someone with a "clean" phone confirm the youtube integration with Safari? please click on this link:

EDIT: Ok, this is really weird but I can no longer see the YouTube web page any more. Jumps over to the YT widget like it should. Maybe something wrong with the site temporarily...

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
So YT integration appears to be flaky. I probably just stumbled on a bug. So sometimes if you hit a YT video link iPhone will take you right to the widget but at other times you will be on the web page itself. It doesn't specifically do this for unconverted videos or anything. It's just inconsistent...