YouTube not working at all

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

meanvdub

Jul 28, 2007
Im not on a plan yet, but i did unlock my phone. Everything works perfectly so far, but everytime i click on YouTube, it says "cannot connect to youtube".

Im using my WiFi at my house... Safari works perfectly.

Any advice?

-oh, and i did 2 soft resets. should i try the iTunes reset? does that erase everything, or just some things?

Montalicious

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Im not on a plan yet, but i did unlock my phone. Everything works perfectly so far, but everytime i click on YouTube, it says "cannot connect to youtube".

Im using my WiFi at my house... Safari works perfectly.

Any advice?

-oh, and i did 2 soft resets. should i try the iTunes reset? does that erase everything, or just some things?
everything but it backs texts and crap up

mdapol

Jul 13, 2007
The problem is either that your connection was so bad that it couldn't access the YouTube site or, more likely, that YouTube was down for a short time when you tried to access it. In the month since I've had my iPhone that's happened to me once. Give it a few hours and it should be back. Or try connecting from somewhere else with a better signal.

meanvdub

Jul 28, 2007
Ive had this phone waiting to get put on my work plan for 2 weeks now, youtube has never worked. my wifi internet pages load in less then a second, so i know i have perfect signal all the time.

I also tried the restore, nothing works. I have heard unless you get on a plan, YouTube will never work.

Maybe the hack does it?

AfroAaron

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
The Big UK
Ive had this phone waiting to get put on my work plan for 2 weeks now, youtube has never worked. my wifi internet pages load in less then a second, so i know i have perfect signal all the time.

I also tried the restore, nothing works. I have heard unless you get on a plan, YouTube will never work.

Maybe the hack does it?

You'll need the "three files" to get YouTube to work.
It's hit or miss from what I've heard. Good luck.
I don't have them.. well i did, il look for them again

but its not your connection, no matter how good, iactivator does it, don't know why but il get looking for the files

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Finally! A thread that gets things rolling more on the normal side again!

I miss the "hacking", "why doesn't any damn thing work" threads! YES!

Thank you!

:p

AfroAaron

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
The Big UK
youtube fixed!

What did you do to fix the problem?
ill try to give out simple instructions first jailbreak phone

2.download a program called ibrickr

3. download the 3 files
1. data_ark.plist, device_private_key.pem
2. device_public_key.pem
3. data_ark.plist these files can be found at a site called
http://windows-mobiles.com/
ok now your gonna go into ibricker and go to
/var/root/Library/Lockdown
delete the 3 files that sound like the ones i just mentioned and replace them with the ones u just downloaded. restart phone and youtube works. took me a while to find this so hope it helps!:laugh2:

xpous

Sep 6, 2007
What are the "3 Files" to fix this problem?

How does anyone fix the problem of making the youTube work on the iPhone?

AfroAaron

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
The Big UK
How does anyone fix the problem of making the youTube work on the iPhone?
first jailbreak phone

2.download a program called ibrickr

3. download the 3 files
1. data_ark.plist, device_private_key.pem
2. device_public_key.pem
3. data_ark.plist these files can be found at a site called
http://windows-mobiles.com/
ok now your gonna go into ibricker and go to
/var/root/Library/Lockdown
delete the 3 files that sound like the ones i just mentioned and replace them with the ones u just downloaded. restart phone and youtube works. took me a while to find this so hope it helps!

garymooks

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Youtube not working after unlock

Hello
Thanks for the link with the 3 files..
But when I follow the link to wiindows-mobiles.com I see a little different set of directions..pasted below
+++++++++
5) Navigate to var/root/library/lockdown/activation_records on the iPhone (in FUGU) and Copy the filename(13 digits).plist to the folder where you saved the 3 legit files.

6) Navigate to var/root/library/lockdown/pair_records on the iPhone (in FUGU) and Copy all three files to the folder where you saved the 3 legit files.

7) Now open the the data_ark.plist file you downloaded from rapidshare with textedit. Find the -DeviceCertificate and copy the code between the and fields and paste it
++++++++

Is it as simple as you posted where you replace the three files under var/root/library/lockdown OR did you also follow the directions above(which I cannot understand..)

:(