YouTube on iPhone 3G

mphssun77

Feb 3, 2009
I sync my iPhone daily with my computer. I've had it for a little over a month now, but I noticed when the phone updated last time, my YouTube icon disappeared.

I have restored my phone, but when I do the updates to the phone it disappears.

Can anyone help? How do I get it back?

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
I sync my iPhone daily with my computer. I've had it for a little over a month now, but I noticed when the phone updated last time, my YouTube icon disappeared.

I have restored my phone, but when I do the updates to the phone it disappears.

Can anyone help? How do I get it back?
Honestly, I'm not sure what to tell you other than to go to the applications tab in iTunes with your phone plugged in and make sure that the application is checked to sync. I too sync everyday (with few exceptions), I've upgraded to each of the latest firmware releases and in all cases my You Tube icon is still right where it always was on my main page on the phone.

danniboi

Jan 26, 2009
I'm don't know what has happened there but you can use YouTube on safari is you need to plus you can sign in on safari as well or have a look on your restrictions go to settings>general>restrictions and see if this is turnt on if not turn it on hope this helps :D

mphssun77

Feb 3, 2009
In my iTunes, the YouTube application is not even listed. That is only for purchased applications.

I just tried the setting/general/restrictions that DanniBoi suggested... and it worked! Yay! You rock! It's back! I go a refurb'd iPhone when I upgraded, and had no clue about this..

Thanks so much!

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
In my iTunes, the YouTube application is not even listed. That is only for purchased applications.

I just tried the setting/general/restrictions that DanniBoi suggested... and it worked! Yay! You rock! It's back! I go a refurb'd iPhone when I upgraded, and had no clue about this..

Thanks so much!
Sorry about that. Either way, I'm glad that you got it back with DanniBoi's help.

FrumpyDuck

Feb 4, 2009
Tulsa
I've never heard of this happening before.

I would recommend trying a hard-reset. I tried doing a google search for "Youtube iPhone fix" and come up with some results you might try. From what I read it looks like this issue might have to do with having a jail broken phone.

Good luck and if you fix it post your results so others can learn!